How to highlight a single "featured item" from dynamic list content?

I’m working on a site for a Realtor, and have set up a main dynamic ‘listings’ page, but I would like to be able to highlight a single “featured” property (which would change periodically) on the site’s home page, without having to update multiple pages. Is there any way to pull just one listing from the dynamic list, and have some sort of identifier (a tag or something?), that I can just assign to whichever property in the list I want to feature at any given time?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

I assume you’ve created a collection that contains all your listings. If you add a field (let’s call it ‘featured’) and make it a boolean, you can then add a dataset to your home page that is filtered to include only listings where featured = ‘true’. You can then select one or more listings for your home page by setting the ‘featured’ field to true.

Hi, Jim!
Thank you SO much for reaching out and offering to help. Admittedly, I am very new to using the data sets and dynamic pages, so it took me a while, but your reply gave me some great insight and set me on the right track to finally figuring it out, so THANK YOU!!! :slight_smile:

Great! Thanks for the update.

1 Like