MusicPlayer API

Wix Code Forum,

Please checkout www.psysopstudio.com to get the larger context of what I am trying to create over time, which is enable my fans to explore my music more deeply…

At the center of the next level of interactivity I would like to add to the UX, would be the ability to wrap code around the properties, functions and events of the MusicPlayer…

Here are a few of key requirements :

1. Dynamic MusicPlayer - Ability to dynamically change the music content within the player… I am forced to have separate pages for each of my songs… Not a huge deal because each of my songs have distinct audio, visual and textual experience by design, but may be possible to use Dynamic Pages along with a Dynamic MusicPlay…
2. Player Index Event - Ability to listen to an event that provides the index (min:sec) of where the player is during playback… All kinds of interesting scenarios, e.g. highlighting the words in the lyrics as the song plays, displays the arrangement section as the songs play (verse, chorus, etc), capture music maker and/or end-user comments (collaborative feature in soundcloud, landr, etc)…
3. Desktop / Mobile Properties - Ability to change some of the design properties for the mobile form factor, e.g. player is way to big in certain cases… Be able to select a certain design for desktop and certain design for mobile, etc…

I am living it :)… So if you need more detail here, happy to flush out… I would rather be music making then coding, but I have to admit, I am having fun creating a new and different UX with Wix code… Opening up the MusicPlayer for us “hacks” would let us play some more :)…

Thanks,
Marc

1 Like