Create an unclickable menu tab

How do I make a menu tab/item unclickable? When they click on it, they shouldn’t be directed to another page, I just want them to see the drop down list when they hover over the tab or click on it. I want it so that when they click on the tab nothing happens except the 2 drop down items showing.

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m not sure I got what you’re asking. If don’t want it to be clickable, just don’t make it clickable. (don’t use a native menu, but a box with the list.

Hi there Andrea. I know exactly what you’re talking about. What you’re referring to is called “Folders” in the site menu. Instead of adding subpages under a main page, add a new folder and place the subpages underneath it. The “add folder” icon is next to the “add page” button. It took me awhile to figure this out because it was hard to find the answer so I just started poking around.

See my screenshot below. The “Solutions” folder is an unclickable header on my main menu, but once you hover the three choices of “Outsourcing, Servicing, and Consulting” will show up.

In contrast, the “About Us” is a page, and it is clickable, but you can also hover for more options like “Compliance”, “Resources”, and “Roadmap”.

I know this is 2 years late but I just happened to come across this so I hope it helps!

2 Likes

I may not be Andrea, but this explanation is exacly what I needed. Thank you so much!

@eboy its not working

Are you sure you did it correctly? It worked for me right away. All you need to do is make a new folder and move the sub-pages under it.

This is awesome
thank you very much
you have saved me

exactly what I need! Thank you very much!!!

Yep, 2 years on and it’s now 2023, and your tip is still helping people!
This is just what I needed, lol. Thank you

Thanks - 2023 and it’s still helpful!

When you opt to use a “folder” instead of a “page”, the customization of the clicked/hover feature does not work. Only the “pages” change colour while the “folders” stay the same. How do I get the folder names to change colour when the user hovers over it?

eboy you saved me!! I have been looking for this for an hour!! you’re great!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! I could not figure this out to save my life. Worked perfectly.

WORKED FOR ME… thank you 2024