Customizing Product Photo Links in WIX Editor Velo Minicart for Dynamic Page Redirection

Question:
How can I redirect a link on a product photo in the minicart in WIX Editor Velo to my dynamic product page, excluding the WIX Collection product-page?

Product:
WIX Editor

What are you trying to achieve:
I am trying to set up a redirection link on a product photo in the minicart in WIX Editor Velo to directly lead to my dynamic product page. I want to exclude the default WIX Collection product-page and ensure that the link points to the specific dynamic product page for each item in the minicart.

What have you already tried:
I have explored various resources within the WIX documentation. I have reviewed tutorials to customizing minicart functionalities in WIX Editor Velo but have not found a direct answer to my specific query.

Additional information:
I am seeking a solution that allows me to customize the redirection of product photo links in the minicart to point to my dynamic product pages. It is important for me to ensure a seamless user experience and direct customers to the relevant product information without going through the WIX Collection product-page. Any insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

To customize the redirection of product photo links in the minicart to point to your dynamic product pages in WIX Editor Velo, you can use the wixLocation API to programmatically navigate the user to the desired page. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you might achieve this:

1. Access the Minicart’s Code Panel Open the WIX Editor and navigate to the page with the minicart. Access the code panel where you can add custom JavaScript.

2. Use the wixLocation API Import the wixLocation module at the beginning of your code. This module allows you to control the URL the user is navigated to.

import wixLocation from 'wix-location';

1. Identify the Product Photo Element Find the ID or class of the product photo element within the minicart. You’ll need this to attach an event listener that triggers the redirection.

2. Attach an Event Listener Add an event listener to the product photo element that captures the click event and redirects the user to the dynamic product page.

$w('#productPhoto').onClick(() => {
    // Retrieve the product ID or any identifier from the clicked element
    let productId = ...; // You'll need to replace this with actual code to get the product ID

// Redirect to the dynamic product page
    wixLocation.to(`/dynamic-product-page/${productId}`);
});

1. Handle Dynamic Product IDs: Ensure that your code retrieves the correct product ID or any unique identifier associated with the clicked product photo. This ID should correspond to the dynamic URL of the product page you want to redirect to.

2. Test the Redirection After implementing the code, test the redirection by clicking on a product photo in the minicart to see if it navigates to the correct dynamic product page.

Please note that the exact implementation details may vary based on your site’s structure and the specific setup of your minicart. If you’re not familiar with coding or the WIX Editor Velo environment, it may be helpful to consult with a developer or reach out to the WIX support community for more tailored assistance. Dognearme.co.uk

I hope this helps enhance the user experience on your site!