Disable CMS collection automatic saving / ask for confirmation before saving?

Question:
Is there a way to disable automatic saving of edits to a CMS collection through the online editor? Or at least have the collection ask for confirmation before saving?

Product:
CMS editor.

What are you trying to achieve:
I want it to be harder to accidentally edit important information in a CMS collection.

What have you already tried:
Online search; poking around the editor online.

Additional information:
I am using a collection to store licensing information for my software and don’t like how it automatically saves any changes made to the collection. It is nice to be able to manually edit the license database, however it seems too easy to accidentally edit (and save) the important licensing information. Normally the collection is only be edited from the backend - though like I said it is nice to be able to manually edit the collection sometimes, I forsee possible issues due to how easy it is (no confirmation, automatic saving).

As a follow up - is there any way to view the history of a collection? This would mostly solve the worries around the original question and also would just be great info to have access to. Assuming this isn’t possible… but figured I would ask.

Hi Niccolo,

The Wix CMS works like an Excel sheet, which does make it super easy to view and edit your information, but may also lead to accidental changes that were unintended.

Unfortunately, you can’t keep track of minute-by-minute history which you can revert whenever you want to, but it is always recommended to backup your collections regularly, so that you can always restore that in case you make any changes accidentally.

This article will help:

Hi, thank you for the response!

That info is all very helpful. Though mostly confirming what I suspected, and not exactly what I was hoping for, the backups system is a nice assurance! (Though it would be nice to have a bit more info about / control over the backups).

Thank you again!

1 Like