Hi, I connected a dropDown to a DataSet pointing to a Collection with over 10,000 entries, but the dropdown only lists the first 1,000. Is there a way around that?
we have intentionally limited the result-set size for any data query to 1000 items.
the rationale is that a reasonable user will not sift through 1000+ items. it is considered bad user experience to show such long lists.
I suggest you try one of the following:
- filter the results in some way that is meaningful for your case before showing the dropdown
- if you absolutely must show more than a 1000 items, it can be coded by using the wixdata API:
– run 10 queries to retrieve items [1…1000][1001…2000]…[9001…10000]
– combine the results into one big array
– pass that array to the dropdown through its API
but note that probably performance will suffer…