filesusr.com & Google SignIn Help

Wrangling around in the depths of old posts I came across this wonderful thread on enabling google sign on for custom login .
The process works well, with results as you can see from my rough integration.

Until, you attempt to work through the OAuth authentication and find that your login is failing because Wix is routing your site to google, (via an iframe), through a completely different domain than the one you own, namely yoursite.com .filesusr.com.

You can fix it, but only by authenticating filesusr.com as an appropriate origin site, which creates a user experience no one wants. Namely

According to this excellent thread , lots of people seemed to have this problem back in 2018, but I can’t find any non-iframe solutions proposed, except for the zomato example which won’t work in this case.

So, in the hope, @mikemoynihan99 is still engaged since he presumably did solve this for his log in example? OR for anyone else who has found solutions, I’m asking for help for other filesusr.com workarounds.

Then a general question so I don’t lose faith -
the amount of time I’ve spent in custom log in and sign up is enormous because

1. I need to route to a specific post log in landing page
  2. it’s better cosmetics and helpful for data collection.
    But I really do also need Google log in
    Worst case I’d take a messy redirect instead.
    So, honestly
    Should I persist? How many more rabbit holes are there, or should I just revert back to Wix standard sign up and log in?

I would highly recommend using the Wix provided sign up. It’s already built-in and integrated, it’s supported, and it’s easier.

If you need to route to a specific landing page, you can use wix-location.to() in the onLogin() event handler to redirect to the desired page.

Thanks Yisrael, I’ve stripped out all the custom code and reverted back to default. it’s a real shame that this isn’t supported mind you. I don’t mind default sign up, I can handle all the collection post sign up. But even the default is buggy - forgot password changes, timeouts needed to make logout work with location.to etc. and of course no logo or colours

This is pretty basic functionality, I can’t imagine why it doesn’t make a road map somewhere. Either that or allow a decent third party SSO integration.

Anyway, I’m sure I’m singing to the choir, but maybe we can lobby.