How to filter a dataset with the value of a field of another dataset

Hi,

I’m extremely new to javascript and wix velo, and I will really appreciate some guidance. I have two collections on my website. Let’s call them APPLICATIONS and REVIEWS. The APPLICATIONS collection contains applications from the website users for a particular service and includes two important fields, “Name” and “Type”. The “Type” field contains either of 2 values, “Individual” or “Business”.

The REVIEWS collection contains two important fields as well, “Title” and “Approval Status”, as well as a reference field connected to the APPLICATION collection “Name” (which should match the “Title” field of the REVIEWS collection).

I want to create a table on the website for the application review team to easily see a list of reviewed applications categorized by the application type. I’m using a table to achieve this. The table is linked to the REVIEWS collection through a dataset. I want to filter this dataset to show reviews for only business applications.

Please how do I achieve this?

PS: I’m using Wix Editor.

I’d say the best thing to do with limited JS/Velo experience would be to store all of this data in one table if possible and then filter from the UI. If not perhaps try https://www.wix.com/marketplace to find a developer who can help.