Looking for paid help with some Velo JS

Introduction:
Hi, I’m the only technical staff at a small boutique law firm. I built a small website using the Wix CMS and some custom JS generated by AI assistant coders and now I’m having trouble implementing the desired backend functionality. I really just need some help getting over a couple specific hurdles.

Collaboration type:
[Choose one of the following options:]
I would like to pay someone who’s got the experience to help with the issue in an efficient fashion on a freelance basis. I don’t expect this project to lead to more than a few hours of work but I’m just dipping my toe into JS for the first time (for the observable dataviz library, not frontend web) and might hire you for the same type of help in the future when I’m hard stuck on something.

Project details:
The site consists of a page with a repeater linked to the Wix CMS that is filtered using several multi-select drop down filters in a sidebar. Each item in the CMS has a one page PDF file associated with it in the site media and a URL for that file in a URL field of the CMS. The user can select items from the CMS using an ‘Add to Download’ button and then a ‘Download PDF’ button should trigger the combination of the single page PDF files into a multi-page PDF by a backend file using pdf-lib and that multi-page file should open in the user’s browser via HTTP request. I’m having trouble with the functions that should pull the single page PDF files from site media and combine them into a single file. The AI assistants thought it might have to do with the way the Velo node.js environment handles binary data such as the combined PDF file. We tried transmitting the combined file to the frontend as a base64 string as a workaround and installing a ‘buffer’ package to use arrayBuffer but nothing’s worked and I need to deliver the project soon so it’s time to enlist someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

Duration:
Hopefully no more than a few hours but could lead to additional opportunities in the future.

Additional information:
My name is Tom Jordan and I work for Fortif Law Partners in Birmingham, AL. You can get in touch via email (tom@fortif.com) or phone (205.567.4481).

So instead of allowing the visitor to “instantly download” the single PDF file they want, you want them to create a “bundle” of multiple PDF documents and THEN download them all at once?

It would be more efficient if they could use that first click to trigger automatic download rather than going through multiple steps to download them at the end.

What if their browser refreshes?
What if their internet is slow and causes glitches in the code?
What if they forget they already selected that document?

Right, the first iteration of the site allowed the individual files to be downloaded directly I didn’t need help doing it that way. The attorneys I work for want the functionality I described so that’s what I’m trying to build. I get that experienced developers will probably have a lot of opinions on how the site could have been done differently or better. I’m really just looking for some help getting the desired functionality as I described it working in this case but thank you.

I understand.

Hopefully you find someone willing to do it that way. It will cause a lot of errors, issues and unfortunately it will not be the developers fault.

I wouldn’t want my name associated with a coding project unless I know for a fact it is a viable and flawless solution.

It would be ok for you to be able downloading all of the bundeled PDF’s as a ZIP-FILE ?

Possible example i could create for you…

1. User select wished PDF-Files (each time the user selects a file → it will be opened/downloaded and converted to → SORRY-SECRET

2. All selected files will be stored in → SORRY-SECRET

3. Once the user clicks the DOWNLOAD-BUDLE-BUTTON → the wohle selected PDFs will be donwloaded as ZIP-FILE.

4. Opening ZIP-FILE the user will be able to see all PDFs inside ZIP-File.

??? interested ???

IMEDIATE CODE-DELIVERYvelo-ninja@outlook.com

1 Like

Your code is already READY to GO !!! :grin: :wink: waiting for you to be used :joy:

1 Like

Just do not like the menu → i should overwork it :rofl:

All elements you need.

And of couse working → like expected :rofl:

OOOPS! Did i gave somebody a hint?

EDIT:
Ok, while you were sleeping, your APP has been created… :rofl: VELO-SANTA did his job at night again…

So, here you can see the end-result…

How does it work and what does it include?

Included features:
-semi-responsivness
-fully customizable
-including file-selection
-including bundle creation (selection)
-including single-downloads
-including BUNDLE-DOWNLOADS
-MULTIPLE-FILE-SELECTIONS possible

-easy to use
-easy to connect to wix-sites
-animated and css-designed layout
-functional and integratable in all of Wix-Editors

EXAMPLE-USAGE…

1) You can choose MULTIPLE FILES (selected files will go to the → FILE-LIST)…
2024-03-05 22_54_19-Öffnen

2) INJECTION of BINARY generated PDFs (base64) to the → BUNDLE-LIST possible!

3) Adding files from → SELECTION-LIST to → BUNDLE-LIST possible.

4) Removing FILES from BUNDLE-LIST possible.

5) DOWNLOADING of BUNDELED-FILES possible → OUTPUT → ZIP-FILE!
2024-03-05 23_01_04-Aktueller Downloadverlauf
2024-03-05 23_01_19-pdf_bundle (14).zip

EASY INTEGRATION INTO WIX-SITES !

Running time from → WISH ← to → fully designed and created APP <— ??? :rofl:

I see you have checked my MICRO-APP, is it what you were searching for?
Can of course be modified :wink:

@datatom You could just use a third party api tool to convert all pdfs needed into a single pdf and give the output to the customer.

Where is the example?