Multireference fields do not delete cleanly

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create two collections {A,B}

2. Add a multireference field in A referencing B (I called mine CollectionB)

3. B will automatically have a multireference field linking back to A (Called CollectionA)

4. Delete B’s multireference field to A

5. Neither A nor B have a multireference field

6. Add a multireference field in A referencing B using the same field name as in Step 2.

7. B will not have a multireference field linking back to A (this is not expected).

8. Add a multireference field in A referencing B using a different field name (I called mine NewCollectionB)

9. Collection B automatically generates a multiference field, but this time it is called CollectionA-1.

That suggests to me that field references (or at least back references) are not actually being deleted, they are just being hidden. I would like to delete my multi-references (or any arbitrary field) and know with certainty that the field has been obliterated from existence.

I have an issue right now where I am unable to insert reference fields between two tables using wix-data and I am concerned that the linking between the tables has been corrupted due to deleting and recreating references as described above.

I would like the freedom to create and delete references without corrupting my collections. When I delete something, I want it to be deleted.
bookonboard

I noticed the same thing and always thought it was my fault when coding that I am doing something wrong. I would also like the freedom to create and delete references without corrupting my collections. This is very frustrating. I get this error: Included “reference” field is deleted and will not be included. But it is there and it’s not deleted. Can someone please fix this issue. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I will pass it along to our Data team.