Pls Help! Send email with recipient from existing collection

Hi guys,
I’d need some help. I’m not very good at coding and I got stuck in a fairly important issue of my future website.

Thanks to this article (Velo Tutorial: Sending an Email on Form Submission | Help Center | Wix.com) I learned how to send emails on form submission, but now I’d need to change a recipient of my emails.

Let’s say that one of the input fields in my form is called “City”. A visitor of my page enters into this field “London”.

Now, I already have an existing collection of vendors (collection name: “Vendors”). Every vendor has, among other, filled in information in a column “Town” and “Email”. Lets say that 3 of my vendors have in a pertaining cell “Town” filled in the value “London”.

What I would like to achieve is, that on a form submission, the value from input field “City” is matched (vlookuped?) in my “Vendors” collection in column “Town” and value(s) from column “Email” is used as a recipient email address(es). (i.e. in given “London” example, emails to 3 vendors should be sent on the form submission.)

I tried to use amended code from this forum post (https://www.wix.com/code/home/forum/questions-answers/return-certain-field-of-database), but it didn’t work for me and I got stuck
Could you please advise?
Thanks a lot!

this is what I have so far:

import {sendEmail, sendEmailWithRecipient} from 'backend/email';
$w.onReady(function () {
$w("#dataset1").onAfterSave(sendFormData);
//dataset1 CONNECTS TO A COLLECTION THAT IS CREATED AS USER INPUT,
// AFTER USERS FILL IN THE FORM - IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO "VENDORS" COLLECTION
});
function sendFormData() {
const subject = `Submission from ${$w("#input5").value}`;
const body = `Name: ${$w("#input5").value}
\rEmail: ${$w("#input6").value}
\rParameter1: ${$w("#input2").value}
\rDate: ${$w("#datePicker1").value}`;
// inputs ARE INPUTS FROM THE FORM THAT IS BEING FILLED IN
const recipient = 
WHAT PIECE OF CODE SHOULD I PUT HERE? HOW SHOULD THE RECIPIENT BE DEFINED?
;
sendEmail(subject, body)
.then(response => console.log(response))
.catch(error => console.log('error', error));
sendEmailWithRecipient(subject, body, recipient)
.then(response => console.log(response))
.catch(error => console.log('error', error));
}

(note: sendEmail function, i.e. sending email to myself, works; backend .js and .jsw file seems to be working properly)

Thank youu
Jane