Premium Plan Limits Should Change Before Editor X Migration

For all plans or at least for Elite and Plus plan please change CMS items limits at least like that, and remove item based limit system instead use GB like before.

• 8GB Storage for Plus
  • 15GB Storage for Elite

For Plus plan please change data write requests p/min to at least 1500.
For Plus plan please change data read requests p/min to at least 1.5x of backend request limit which is 7500.

This limit was the old limit for any premium plan which was very good.

Please and please remove monthly limits for data requests this is not need we already have p/min limits

Or create daily limits which will reset each day. If we have 1000/month we shouldn’t have 1000/30 per day, we should have more of that.

Please change backend requests/min to at least 5000. We had 7000/min for all plans before these new plans.

About secret limits and scheduled jobs for Plus plan it would be great to have a bit more of these.

I’m also open to feedback talks with anyone at Wix about these limits and why they are problematic I can also talk about my ideas how this can be fixed.

This topic is here for months and no action taken until this point. If these limits doesn’t change before the migration it means Wix will never change these limits. So if you are someone reading this as a user/partner of Wix keep that in mind.

2 Likes

I totally agree, for several weeks I’ve been trying to find out if WIX will or won’t update its packages to see if I should launch my project on another publisher, but the only information I get is that nobody knows where the request is…

A few weeks ago @pamela had announced that WIX had been working on an update and that it was in the process of being approved (so there’s something there, even if it’s not a date they at least know the new limitations they could communicate to us or just tell us how the CMS is going to evolve) but since then no more information, We’re working with WIX, we’re not here to play games, we’ve got money and projects on the line, but in the end, no one has given us any concrete answers about future updates, which are essential for our community of developers…

And even the roadmap doesn’t mention future price plan updates, so what’s the point if we can’t see all the future evolutions to come!

2 Likes

I agree with Lucas: the lack of communication from Wix is a clear display of disrespect and a lack of consideration. I am truly disappointed by the silence regarding this matter.

Regarding sharing ideas, I propose implementing a global limit on the database size, such as a 100 GB cap, rather than restricting based on the number of collections (for instance, a limit of 10 collections at 10 GB each).

The database architecture should not be constrained by the business’s size but rather shaped by its specific requirements. If a project necessitates numerous small databases, it becomes counterintuitive to upgrade to a larger plan simply to accommodate a 16th collection with 100 items each.

The same rationale applies to secrets. What justification exists for limiting them? It makes no sense to force users to compromise on security when hosting secrets costs virtually nothing. There should be nearly unlimited access to secrets.

This reasoning also extends to dashboard pages. Why restrict the number of pages needed to create an effective admin environment? Allowing 5 or 10 dashboard pages costs nothing, and limitations in this area only lead to user frustration.

Lastly, the current automated backup system is inadequate. It would be preferable to remove the option entirely rather than offering a monthly backup. Even the standard edition should provide at least one automated backup per week.

4 Likes

At the end of the day, the loser will be Wix. We/I, as people who have spent a long time on this platform (almost 10 years), have provided our feedback regarding these updates and continue to do so. If we can stay here, we will continue to do this, and at least I will. I have attended a lot of feedback meetings than I can’t remember the total count so far, and while doing this, I did not expect anything in return from Wix, all I wanted was for the platform I use to become better.

But as I said, when a wrong decision is made regarding this issue, the loser will not be the users or partners, the loser will be Wix.

I was 13 years old when I made my first website on Wix, and I have been creating websites on this platform for almost 10 years. The biggest reason why I express my discomfort regarding this issue is that I want to stay on this platform and continue using it.

Wix will of course make a decision regarding this issue. They may or may not change the limits in the plans, it is their decision. I or other users/partners like me will continue to stay on the platform or not, depending on the changes to be made.

Of course these CMS, Compute Platform or Developer Platform limits are not important for all users/partners in Wix. And that’s why Wix has more than 1 premium plan options. But the main wrong here is Plus (also Elite in some parts) plan is not designed for developers or startups. And this is the main reason why we are talking about this. Plus plan is 32€/m (very good price) but not focused enough for developers or startups. Limits on Plus plan must be adjusted (maybe you can make the plan a bit more expensive +like 35-40€) especially for startups and developers who wants to create web apps on Wix. Or complex projects.

I also want to mention this; Wix has long marketed its platform as “you can develop advanced applications here.” But with these changes, it is no longer possible to do this without an “Enterprise” plan. It should be said that you shifted the gear from 3rd to R.

3 Likes

WIX says its new editor is made for us, freelancers, developers… but in the end, the limits imposed correspond to those of a private individual. And beyond that, many developers and companies will no longer work on WIX with these new limitations. And I agree with you that WIX will lose a lot over time and prevent new companies from launching on their platform. After all, when we launch a project, we first look at our technical limitations, and here we can say that WIX has done a lot to limit us!

In short, I still want to use WIX because I think it’s a great platform and they’ve added CSS (finally), but as long as these limitations are ill-defined, I won’t be able to use it.

You saw @noahlovell , the atmosphere on the feedback side of WIX is really sad because we’re totally lost on the changes to come, we need information, to know the future of these limitations to be able to move forward. We don’t want to hope for something that won’t happen. I believe in the fact that WIX is working on something and that’s why I won’t stop until we have information, because it’s a subject that’s far too sensitive for most developers and our projects.

1 Like

Hey @Lucas_TREILLE

I want to start off by saying I completely get where you’re coming from. Before joining the Wix Community team, I used to run my own business building and developing sites for clients using Wix. I can empathize with the feeling you get when an external factor might impact your business. I get where you’re coming from because I’ve been in the same position as you.

I can see and feel how important this topic is for you.

Since joining the Wix team, and working with the community, we’ve been as open and transparent as possible, providing spaces for the community to share feedback, and ideas and request features (through the forum and through the Roadmap).

To be transparent with you, I am always reading what the community is sharing and when we (the community team) promise to share feedback with the other teams at Wix, get updates on statuses etc. we always do. We might not have the answers immediately, but we’re on it.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have reached out to the teams to seek further information, and I would kindly ask that you trust me.

I’m always here for the community, and as I promised, I will share more information when I have it. (Hold tight - I get it might be challenging. I’ve been in your position before)

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, I trust you but I would like the WIX teams internally to be more transparent and give you more information. I like WIX a lot and that’s why I’m fighting so hard today and why I’m insisting so much on this subject. Beyond the personal issue, I’d also like WIX to progress by proposing plans that are better adapted to all users and so that I can develop all my customers’ projects on WIX without having to ask myself any questions, hence the idea of payment according to the chosen module that I’ve proposed to you!

I know you’re not directly responsible for the information you access. But working with a support system, I know that negative comments have to be passed on! And beyond that, the subject tends to affect the developers who use the CMS, and that’s why I’m looking for information to calm things down.

In short, thank you for being so reactive and I hope that WIX will soon communicate on this subject. For my part, I intend to continue the fight!

I want to add another voice backing up what @loeiks and @Lucas_TREILLE are asking for.

This isn’t a minor issue, and as you’re well aware from all of us continually tagging you in posts related to this topic, we need answers from the key players at Wix that have proposed these plans.

I appreciate your response here and am sure you understand where we’re coming from. I’m also sure your superiors are probably asking you to not release any information related to changes to plans and just placate us while things are moving in the background, but if there’s any inkling you can give us about whether we might be able to have a discussion with people in charge of making the decisions here, that would be greatly appreciated.

We want to stay on this platform. Our time, money and clients are invested in this platform. We’re happy to pay you the rates that are suggested, but there needs to be some give and take on Wix’s end to give us a platform that is still functional for advanced sites.

Please keep raising this issue with your superiors and everyone on your team.

3 Likes

@Breakscape Thanks for your input. We are reading each and every post, and Noah and I also are passing on the feedback from these posts to all the necessary parties.
Be sure the second we get all of the information, we will share it immediately!! We know this waiting game has not been ideal, so we appreciate the patience you all have had with this.

1 Like