Roundup: take more control over sizing when using Section Grid

We’ve taken Section Grid editing to the next level - you can now control sizing of your Section Grid layouts with familiar units like pixels or percentages.

We’re also gearing up for our next Open Studio event, and looking for experts in pitching for our next Studio Hours session.

Keep up to date :point_down:

Meet Your Community

Upcoming Studio Hours - ‘Pitching to clients’

Our next Studio Hours will focus on ‘Pitching to clients’ and who better to share their expertise than you! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

If you’ve never attended a session, we’re often joined by an expert who helps answer questions about the session topic. This time, we’re looking for experts in pitching - from how to present yourself and secure leads, though to best practices on your first call, right the way to closing the deal.

If you think you’re the perfect co-host to share your insights and knowledge on this topic, send me a DM :muscle:

Upcoming Studio Hours - ‘Pitching to clients’

Open Studio - April

What are you waiting for?

Our next Open Studio is right around the corner - April 17, 12PM ET. :raised_hands:

We’ll be sharing:

• The impact our Studio creators are making, from inspiring sites to feature requests
  • Game-changing ways to grow and earn more from your work
  • Big product updates and new releases
  • Answers to the questions on your mind—ask us anything Studio related when you register

Go register :point_right: here :point_left:

What’s more, our Community Events Leaders are hosting Watch Parties all around the world! See if there’s one near you :tada:

download (5)

Join the conversation

Here are some topics from the week looking for someone to share a solution:

Find other topics here and share the solution :raised_hands:

Shout to Online Community Leader, @Dan_Suhr for sharing his knowledge and finding a solution for @Darren_Howe this week. Darren needed to resolve some effects with Horizontal Menus, and Dan had the answer. Thanks Dan!

Wix Studio News

Take more control over sizing when using Section Grid

You can now control the sizing of your Section Grid layouts with familiar units like pixels or percentages.

When working with a Section Grid, you can adjust column and row sizing from the Inspector panel in units such as pixels or percentages. The grid units will adjust automatically to ensure that the grid cells always align with your section’s responsive behavior (Scale Proportionally, Fixed height, or Fit to screen).

The advanced CSS grid mode is still available if you want more fine-grain control.

News & Announcements

• Wix Loyalty Program: set a points expiration date and add new loyalty emails
    To help motivate your clients’ customers to redeem their Wix Loyalty Program points and make purchases, you can now set a validity period so that points expire after a set time.

Note: This new feature is currently available in the US and gradually rolling out to all other regions in the coming weeks.

Read all the details here.

• Online Programs: send automatic invoices to program participants
    You or your clients using Online Programs can now set up and send automatic invoices to program participants. This saves time spent on admin and ensures that invoices are always delivered on time.

You can customize the invoice details and choose from a one-time payment or pricing plan subscription.

Note: The site must have an active plan that accepts payments.

Read more here.

View all the latest new releases, betas and updates in the Wix Studio Workspace.

Who’s registered for Open Studio?!

8 Likes

I have begun creating my first site using studio but I hit a wall when I found out that the events widget does not resize like others, causing margins between sections to get out of proportion with each other. I can’t continue until that is resolved so I will probably go back to editor and create client sites there, as I have been doing for several years.

Please fix this issue.

Thank you.

1 Like