Run Function Even After User Leaves Page

TL;DR:
In Velo, is there a way to make a backend function run separately from the frontend page - e.g. user leaves page and the function keeps running instead of breaking?

Question:
I have an async function that runs when the user clicks a button. It calls one backend webModule function that makes several database queries and creates up to 15 invoices, so it takes several seconds to run. Despite messaging on the page to not leave the page or refresh, users are doing just that because of the load time. Because of this, I’m looking for a way to run my backend function “separately” from the page - e.g. it continues even if the user leaves the page.

Product:
Wix Editor / Velo

What are you trying to achieve:
Make the function run separately - regardless of if the user leaves the page or not, it continues running.

What have you already tried:
Calling the function .onClick from a button. When I do this though, it cancels if the user leaves the page.

Additional information:
I already am aware of page caching but I can’t use it because it is a dynamic private member’s page.

Actually, if your function runs entirely in the backend, that’s the current behaviour. The user won’t have the response but it will continue its job. Even if the response takes more than 14 seconds to return (the response will timeout but the backend will most likely run for another 46sec min up to 5 minutes)

My suggestion is to add an active loader so that users see something happening on the screen and understand that something is being processed.