WIX Events Custom Registration Fields

Question:
How can my guests who RSVP’d to a WIX event (non-ticketed) see the custom fields they filled out after submitting the RSVP?

Product:
Wix Studio Editor

What are you trying to achieve:
I have created an event using WIX Events. WIX Events allows me to create custom registration fields. For example, I have an event next month and I need volunteers to sign up and RSVP. Volunteers can use my event RSVP form to indicate whether they are going or not.

For this event, I have time slots as a custom field and another custom field on what they can bring. Once my guest registers for the event, they cannot see the fields they selected.

I need the automated emails that are sent to them to remind them the time slot they signed up for and what item they are bringing. The automated emails only say what the event name is and the location. How can I have the automated emails be more specific and custom to the person who RSVP’d? I will absolutely have people register who forgot what they signed up to do/bring.

What have you already tried:
I have chatted with WIX support and they suggested using automations and dynamic fields. I do not see my custom fields from my WIX events in the dynamic fields options. If I did, that would be a good workaround solution.

If it is a non ticketed event, have you considered Wix Bookings (classes/groups) instead?

Or perhaps just a form. Wix Forms connects with Wix Automations and you can plug in the data on the email.

Thank you for those suggestions, I will look into both of those.

I looked into WIX Bookings–it does not suit my needs. The goal is to have events that volunteers can sign for. I looked into creating a WIX form and having the event RSVP link to the form. This works, but again, WIX does not make automated emails easy. The automation for sending a “thank you” email based on the form does not allow for me to select custom dynamic fields from the form. In addition, it would be a lot of work to set up a WIX event, a WIX registration form, and then a custom automated email. I find it frustrating that WIX does not provide a simple solution out of the box.

The ability to have the email fire back at the customer with the fields they filled out seems like an intuitive and obvious function. JotForm offers this quite easily, but then one would have to manage another application outside of WIX. I just wish WIX offered an easier way.

Yeah, it’s difficult to fit every use case with the basics that the apps have.

Look, I don’t know how comfortable you are with coding but you could also create your own form using Wix input elements. That way you can keep everything on the same platform, as you say.