Hi everyone,
I’m working on a travel website for Mapache Tours: https://mapachetours.com/
The site has a large number of pages covering Costa Rica tours, vacation packages, destinations, activities, and travel services. I’m looking for advice from other Wix Studio users on improving the technical SEO and organic visibility of a site with this type of structure.
In particular, I’d like to know:
- What are the best Wix Studio SEO practices for sites with many destination and tour pages?
- How should dynamic/CMS pages be structured to avoid indexing or duplicate-content issues?
- Are there specific Wix Studio settings I should check for canonical URLs, metadata, and indexing?
- What is the recommended approach for internal linking between destination, tour, and travel-guide pages?
- Are there any Wix Studio performance or mobile-optimization settings that are particularly important for SEO?
I’d appreciate any practical recommendations or examples from people who have worked on large travel or tourism websites in Wix Studio.
Thanks!
I pulled up mapachetours.com and went through a few page types before answering, so this is based on what’s actually there rather than generic advice.
Good news first: your dynamic tour pages (checked /travel/tour/arenal-volcano-tour/) already have unique titles, meta descriptions, and self-referencing canonicals, and your homepage robots meta is clean (index, follow). So the core Wix Studio dynamic-page SEO setup is working, no duplicate-content issue there.
The one structural thing I’d fix: you’re running two separate content systems that overlap. Articles like /travel-guides/wedding-in-costa-rica-plan-your-dream-ceremony-in-paradise/ live in a CMS collection under /travel-guides/, but others like /atenas-costa-rica-why-this-town-best-climate/ and /tortuguero-national-park-a-complete-guide/ are native Wix Blog posts sitting at the site root with no shared prefix. Both cover the same kind of travel-guide content, but they’re not cross-linked as one system, so you’re splitting topical authority and internal links across two silos instead of reinforcing one.
For internal linking specifically: pick one home for long-form guide content (I’d lean CMS collection since it matches your tours/destinations structure), and have every destination and tour page link out to 2-3 relevant guides, with guides linking back to the tours/destinations they cover. That’s what ties “Arenal Volcano Tour” to a guide like your Arenal travel-tips post for shared relevancy instead of two disconnected pages ranking for overlapping intent.
For indexing/canonicals on CMS pages: since your dynamic pages already self-canonicalize correctly, the main thing to double check is your sitemap (yoursite.com/sitemap.xml) actually includes both the /travel-guides/ and root-level blog URLs, and that none of your filtered/sorted tour listing views are being indexed separately, that’s the usual source of duplicate-content flags on large catalog-style sites.
If this helped, please mark it as Solved.