Hi Members,
I’m currently dealing with an issue on a website I built in Wix Studio where dynamically displayed content does not consistently update when visitors move between pages or interact with the site. The page initially loads correctly and the expected content is displayed, but after a visitor navigates through the website and returns to a page that contains dynamically generated information, the page can continue showing an older version of the data instead of reflecting the latest state. A full browser refresh usually causes the correct information to appear, which makes the problem particularly confusing because the underlying data itself appears to be available. The issue is not that the content is permanently missing; rather, the Wix Studio page seems to retain a previous state during normal navigation and does not always request or render the newest data when the visitor returns to the page. This is happening on a website where some page elements are populated dynamically, so the content can change without requiring the actual page design to be modified. I’m trying to determine whether there is something about Wix Studio’s page lifecycle, dynamic rendering, or client-side state that could prevent the page from refreshing its displayed data during navigation.
I have already checked the underlying content and confirmed that the newer values are actually available when I inspect the relevant data source separately. The problem therefore appears to be somewhere between the data being updated and the moment Wix Studio renders that information again for the visitor. When I initially open the page, the correct information is normally displayed, and if I perform a complete browser reload after the data changes, the newer values become visible. However, if I navigate to another page and then return using the website’s normal navigation, the previous values can remain on screen. This behavior does not happen every single time, which makes it harder to reproduce with a simple sequence. I have tested the same workflow multiple times and noticed that a fresh browser session is generally more reliable than repeatedly navigating within the same session. I have also checked that the dynamic elements are connected to the intended data source and that the content itself has not simply failed to update at the source. Since the correct information appears after a full reload, I am wondering whether the page needs to explicitly trigger a new data query or refresh when the visitor returns to it.
The issue becomes more noticeable when the visitor performs several navigation actions in one session. For example, a visitor can open the dynamic page, move to another section of the website, return to the original page, and sometimes still see the values from the earlier visit. There is no obvious error displayed to the visitor, and the page itself appears completely functional, which makes the stale content easy to overlook. From the visitor’s perspective, it simply looks as though the website has not been updated even though the underlying information has changed. I have been monitoring the browser developer console while testing, but I have not found a consistent JavaScript error that occurs whenever the stale content appears. This makes me hesitant to assume that a script is completely failing. Instead, I suspect that the page may be preserving its existing client-side state and not re-running the part of the page logic responsible for retrieving the latest data. I would like to know whether Wix Studio has a specific event or lifecycle behavior that should be considered when dynamic content needs to be refreshed after internal navigation. If the normal page-load event is not triggered in the way I expect during certain navigation scenarios, I would like to understand what Wix Studio recommends for ensuring that the displayed data is refreshed at the correct point.
I have also tried to isolate the problem by keeping the page structure unchanged while testing only the dynamic content behavior. I do not want to rebuild the page or replace the dynamic elements with static content because the website is intended to display information that can change over time. The purpose of using dynamic content is precisely to avoid manually editing the page whenever the underlying information changes. What I am seeing defeats that purpose in situations where the visitor remains in the same browser session for a while, because the visitor may continue seeing an older value even though the newer value is already available. I have considered whether browser caching could be involved, but the fact that a normal full refresh immediately causes the latest content to appear makes me unsure whether this is ordinary browser caching or something happening within the Wix Studio page lifecycle. I also do not want to add an aggressive refresh on every navigation event without knowing whether that would create unnecessary requests or negatively affect the user experience. If there is a Wix Studio-supported method for refreshing a dataset, dynamic element, or related page state when a visitor returns to a page, I would prefer to use that rather than implementing a workaround that repeatedly reloads the entire webpage.
For troubleshooting, I am trying to understand exactly when Wix Studio retrieves and renders the dynamic information during a visitor session. The important distinction for me is between a complete browser reload and normal navigation within the website, because the first consistently gives me the newer information while the second can leave the previous state visible. I have tested the behavior using different navigation sequences and have seen cases where returning to the page displays the updated information correctly and other cases where it does not. Because the behavior is intermittent, I am trying to avoid making several changes at once and then losing the ability to identify what actually fixed it. I would appreciate advice on which Wix Studio events or lifecycle points are appropriate for checking whether a page has become active again and whether its dynamic content needs to be refreshed. If there are Wix Studio developer tools, console methods, dataset APIs, or debugging techniques that can show when the dynamic data is requested and when the elements receive the returned values, that would also help me establish whether the problem is caused by data retrieval or simply by the page continuing to display an older client-side value.
Has anyone experienced a similar situation in Wix Studio where dynamic website content is correct after a full browser refresh but can remain stale when a visitor navigates away from the page and later returns during the same session? I am mainly looking for the correct Wix Studio approach to make the dynamic content reflect the current data whenever the relevant page becomes active again, without forcing the entire website to reload. Since the underlying information is available and a fresh browser load displays it correctly, I am trying to focus specifically on the point where Wix Studio decides whether to retrieve and render the data again. I would particularly appreciate guidance on whether this behavior is expected for certain navigation patterns and whether a dataset refresh, page lifecycle event, or another supported Wix Studio mechanism should be used to ensure the content is current. If there are known considerations around client-side caching or retained page state that could explain why a dynamic element continues displaying an earlier value, knowing how to diagnose that would also be helpful. My goal is to solve this as one consistent dynamic-content refresh problem so visitors always see the current information when they open or return to the page, rather than having to discover that they need to perform a manual browser refresh. Sorry for long post!