Product configurator

I was recently asked if I could replicate a website which sells steel beams. On this site, before adding a beam to the cart, it is possible to enter the exact length in mm for the beam to be cut, and select a number of other options, such as drilling, painting, etc, all of which affect the unit price. I have found an example of a product configurator using velo, but this doesn’t alter the product price. I’m just wondering if anyone has achieved this in velo and, if so, any thoughts on how I would go about doing this.

Hello @rightclicksolutions

I’ve done exactly that for a client:

https://www.bowud.com/configurateur-etageres-tables-sur-mesure

There are 2 ways to achieve that:

1. Easy way: create all possible permutation possible (via spreadsheet for instance) and build a function that look the product up and return correct price.

2. Good way: have the product build on demand. Everytime a user add the product to their cart, build the new production into Wix Stores . You’ll need the algorithm to compute prices hosted on Wix backend probably.

Let me know if you have any question

Thank you @plomteuxquentin that’s really helpful. As every bespoke item created becomes a new entry in the Wix Store, does the store just keep growing, or do you delete them from Wix Store once ordered?

@rightclicksolutions No, the store keeps growing, But if a configuration already exists, the item is recycled.

I don’t forsee any issue with that. Item can always be manually deleted in the future