Send Automated Email Submission Receipt on Form that Does Not Ask for Email Address

Question:
I have a form which works fine in collecting and saving data from site members. However, I want to sent an email receipt confirmation of their submission. Do I have to have them enter their email in order to send them a receipt? It appears to only show the send email action if you are mapping Email to a field on the form. Does Wix not know a member’s email address automatically?

Product:
Editor X

What are you trying to achieve:
Send confirmation email upon form submission by a member w/o having to ask for their email address on the form.

What have you already tried:
Noted above - email action not available unless you ask for it again?

Additional information:
None

If you are using Wix Automations, you must collect the email each time if you want to use it for the trigger.

Wix Forms doesn’t know who is logged in or not so it cannot pass that value.

If you are coding a custom triggered email, and the member is logged in, you can retrieve their email ID via code to then send them the triggered email.

Thank you once again codequeen. If I may ask a follow-ip - I have another cms form which is for a referral - the form collects current user name and email and friend name and email - desired outcome is current user gets an email confirmation that their referral was received and friend gets an email telling them about site. So on this one I am collecting both emails - the notification to user entering form data works by mapping email to their email on form. But the automation to friend (which maps email to friend’s email is not working and I do not understand why. These are currently two separate automations triggered by same event of submission to table. Do they need to be same automation to work? And if not, why is second email to friend not working.

Thank you :pray:t2:

1 Like

Oh …. that is a very good question.

I am not 100% sure of the answer but here are my initial instincts ……

An automation is triggered by an action. If you have 2 separate actions in 2 separate automations, then perhaps Wix Automations is confused about which one should actually happen after that single action occurs.

You can add multiple steps to a single Automation. So in the initial action, you can have the first step trigger an email to the first person, and then in the second step of the automation you can set up the trigger to send an email to the second person.

The issue with combining them is you cannot map email twice - once to for submitter and once to friend.