[Solved] How do you create a hyperlink inside a Table

I have a table that summarizes all of the entries inside a dataset. It gives the title and the link to the dynamic page. I’d like the link to be a hyperlink. Currently, it is just showing up as text.

When creating the table, I’ve used:

{
"type": ["string","link"]
}

and

{
"type": ["string","URL"]
}

These suggestions were based on previous posts in this forum however neither worked

According to the documentation there is no url type. These are the data types

https://www.wix.com/velo/reference/$w/table

The type of data in this column: “number”, “string”, “date”, “image”, “bool”, or “richText”.

There is a filed in the data fetcher called linkpath. I have not used it, but I would read through in the docs and see if that will work for your scenario

Thank you Amanda. I was providing information that I found on this forum that does not work. Your reply addresses to the reason it does not work.

Any idea on how to get the address to appear as a hyperlink in the table?

I would check the linkpath attribute of the datafetcher in the documentation. As mentioned, I have not used this, but per the docs it’s stating that it is for defining what happens when the data is clicked on

I found a solution.
I first had to access the editor’s setting menu and set the “Clicking selects” option to Cells.

I then used the following event handler:

export function table1_cellSelect ( event ) {
wixLocation . to ( event . cellData );
}

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you found the correct settings and thank you for updating for others passing through

Can I get a help you to do this exact function to my webpage?