Why I pay to Translate my website?

I fail to comprehend why I have to pay for website translation services when there is readily available free translation software everywhere. Having free translation options for websites should be an essential feature for any online business. It seems absurd that we are expected to pay for something that is crucial for the success of our business.

To put things into perspective, my website content consists of almost 100,000 words. If I want to translate it into three languages, that’s a total of 300,000 words. The multilingual package offered by Wix provides 50,000 words at a cost of €25, amounting to a total of €150 to translate the entire site.

I also sell products on various marketplaces, and each platform automatically translates the content for me. They understand the importance of having translations for e-commerce websites, so why does Wix charge for this service?

You get what you pay for. Google Translate quality for certain languages is not high. With MotionPoint we can help translate websites and identify where quality needs to be upgraded so that you can best manage your budget and optimize quality.

I’m afraid I have bad news for you. The automated translation package is a complete waste of €150. You want a decent content in another language? Hire a professional translator. And it’ll cost you a lot more than €150, but at least it’ll make sense. Or simply don’t bother and stick to English.

1 Like