Why is desktop version changing when I edit mobile version and vice versa?

Why is desktop version changing when I edit mobile version and vice versa? How to prevent that or how to even make the design proper? I have been searching and searching, but can’t find a good answer. Please, really need urgent help.

After talking to the WIX Chatbot, it says that changes I do on mobile should not affect the desktop version, but it does for me…

1 Like

Although written for the Wix Studio editor, this article will still apply to Editor X - Studio Editor: Designing Across Breakpoints | Help Center | Wix.com

Although Editor X is a cascading editor in the fact changes you make on larger breakpoints trickle down to smaller breakpoints, but changes on smaller breakpoints don’t affect larger breakpoints.

There are some changes, like data and structural changes that will apply to all breakpoints.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! The odd thing is that the sections I edit does not give me the notification saying “changed on all breakpoints”, but it still changes. Another odd thing is that the first CTA button at the top banner for example looks slim and off on my phone iPhone 13 but on two of my colleagues phone iPhone 11 and 15 it looks like it appears on my desktop screen “mobile view”, so I am truly, deeply confused right now. I don’t possibly see how I am going to make the mobile view look good when it looks totally different on different mobile phones than it looks from my editor view.

Do you have any idea why sections change even tho I do not get the notification that the change I did “applied to all breakpoints”?

And why the mobile view I see on my desktop looks very different from phone to phone? Its not like a section is a bit off or placed different, the button for example is much slimmer on my phone than through desktop mobile view, which does not make sense in my head…

The photos I have added in are also not showing up on mobile view… Any idea why?

Thanks a lot in advance, any help is much appreciated.

2 Likes

I would like to know how to design my Desktop version of the website, without effecting the mobile version at all…

I designed my mobile version well to begin with… now i want to design my Desktop, and it keeps altering all the hard work I did on my mobile Design.

How do I keep these separate?

i’m confronting the same issue. This wix is useless.

1 Like

Hello @Mandem_Duds :wave:

Many designers now kick off their edits from the mobile breakpoint.
This change is primarily driven by the cascading rule, allowing adjustments to cascade up to larger breakpoints.

Designing Across Breakpoints - @noahlovell - gave very good example with explanation how it works,

Hope it helps :slight_smile: