Why new subscribers contact info still shown as "never subscribed" even though they sent a consent on a subscription form to be added to mail list

I created subscription form having a consent checkbox. Even though they give consent to be added to mail list by clicking consent checkbox, their contacts still shown as “never subscribed”

I should not change each new contact’s subscription status manually to create a “subscribers” segment. Their subscription status should be set automatically when they give consent on forms.

Old thread, you may have resolved this, but to get mine to work I had to include a checkbox Subscribe field alongside the Email and Submit button. Even though the template I used didn’t have a checkbox, so very misleading.

Another issue I faced was that the text used alongside the Subscribe checkbox is treated as input text, so the background colour must be similar to the background you use in the Email field. I was trying to use a dark background in the footer for the text and white in the Email field. Ended up having to use a dark background in the Email field, which wasn’t a great UX.

Subscribe field has to set as “Required” to prevent submission without it set.