Wix and Search Engines

I’ve been using Wix as a platform for my business website for around 2-3 years. My old site was all purely HTML driven and was consistently on the first page of search engine pages. I am now finding that my site is dropping further and further down the listings which is massively affecting my business to, frankly, concerning levels.

The site was originally designed by someone recommended from the Wix Forums so I “assume” they knew what they were doing and I have had a handful of SEO companies look at the site since then but nothing seems to be helping to site to be picked up properly.

My question really is, how do Wix sites compare on search engine traffic than other platforms?

I’m looking for ideas/suggestions that may help because otherwise there is a very real and possible risk that I am going to have to close my business of twenty years because the platform just is not generating a sustainable level of business for me. I spent a lot of money getting the site re-designed and the bottom like is that I am having to look at redesigning it or reworking it myself because there just is no money in the pot to pay for someone else to re-do it.

Website is touchscreens-direct.co.uk. I’d be very appreciative of people’s thoughts and suggestions if anyone is able to take a look.

Hey @Touchscreens_Direct I’ve had a lot of success with SEO for my agency. I follow a lot of the best practices and I believe this link will be useful:

Wix does a lot regarding SEO and is constantly evolving to get better for you and your clients. Lots of good suggested tools to use as well on this page. Hope that helps!

1 Like