Wix restaurant and online order (new app) payments

Can I connect a card reader to my website/dashboard for in-person payments for the Wix restraunt/online orders (new)? I prefer not to use the Wix stores e-commerce page and only want to accept payments through the new online restaurant app. This way customers would be able to pay both online and in-person, with the latter option allowing us to mark invoices as paid/fulfilled manually. We are told POS is only for e-commerce store but, we do not want to utilize that since it is more brick and mortar which will not match our needs for our different menu items that have a variety of toppings. We’ve also been told to do webhooks however, it seems that is only for the e-commerce as well. Or is there a way to do this under Wix booking? It should be noted the restaurant food is for pick up only.

1 Like

Have a read here. It mentions Wix Restaurant Orders (new)

1 Like

Yes, you can but you have to purchase the one Wix offers AND your Payment Provider has to be Wix Payments. (Not Stripe, Square, PayPal, etc)

Thank you both for the information. I read the website link and see I can do it for my Wix Restaurant Orders (new) menu items, and I do have a card reader through Wix (Not sure if it is the correct one, the sales rep said it should work). How would I go about setting this up properly? The link given almost makes it sound as though I need to use booking? Although I am not too sure if that is accurate.

That one says it’s only for Wix Stores, Bookings and Events.

I think you need to contact that Wix rep again. That one is not compatible for what you are looking for.

Each one will come with their instructions on how to use. For Wix Restaurants you should be able to go to an Order, select settings or details of the Order and then select Process payment with card reader.

Outstanding thank you! I’ll get with the rep as well about the card reader.