Attaching a second domain to my site

Hi. I’m hoping you can help me with a question regarding my WIX site.

I’ve been having an Issue with my domain since I went live last spring. It was labeled as a dangerous site whern I searched it after going live. I submitted it to Google for review and they cleared it since there’s nothing dangerous about it. As best I can tell, someone owned the same domain at some point in the past ans was using it for phishing or some similar activity. Despite being cleared by Google, some people are still having issues accessing the site. I’m concerned that I may be losing customers whjo cant reach my site.

Because of this issue, I’m considering changing my site domain from [myentrepreneurlife.com] to [myentrepreneurlife.biz].

This should clear the issue and allow people to reach the site instead of getting a warning message.

I know I can buy the new domain in my WIX account. If I do, how do I assign the new domain to the site? Will the pages of my site automatically be changed to the .biz? How do I then disconnect the .com domain thats giving me isuses?

Lastly, I have an email associated with my site. Ex: [ken@myentrepreneurlife.com]
Will that still work or do I need to buy a new email such as [ken@myentrepreneurlife.biz] ?

Thanks for your help

Ken

Product:
WIX editor

If you purchased your email with Wix, you will need to contact them in regards to switching your main domain for email purposes.

If you purchased it directly with Google, you can swap them out in the settings.

As far as connecting your new domain, it is also just a “swap” via the Wix settings in your Dashboard.

This should help you: Replacing Your Site URL with Another Domain Name | Help Center | Wix.com

By the way, you can connect as many domains as you want but select 1 to be the primary. I mention this only because it seems “.net” is also available.

#CodeQueen

Hi Codequeen.
Thanks so much for the response. it was very helpful.

Ken

1 Like