Community Weekly Roundup - Edition 13

Welcome back to another Roundup! :wave:

If you’re new here, never read the Community Weekly Roundup, and wondering what it’s all about, let me tell you. (For the regulars, you know how this rolls :raised_hands: )

Let’s bring you up to speed - as the name suggests, this is a weekly topic to round everything up from the week and provide an overview of upcoming things. Think of it as your recap of the highlights from the week and the things you need to know.

Now, let’s take a look over everything from this week.

Highlights (TL;DR)

• New APIs for the Product Page - unlock new opportunities like creating a “Request A Quote Option”
  • Toronto Community Event - join the Toronto community for a Fireside Chat to overcome obstacles together and achieve business growth
  • Thinking FWD - read the latest article on the FWD Blog all about boosting conversion for your clients

Wix Studio News

Learn something new with Sandboxes

Mastered the basics of Wix Studio and want to push your knowledge to the next level? Perhaps you just want to brush up your skills and check you’re structuring things correctly. Well, Sandboxes are exactly what you need.

But what’s a Sandbox?

A Sandbox editor is a space for you to build while following the steps and instructions provided. It gives you the chance to get hands-on while - perfect if you’re a “get stuck in” kinda learner.

You can access the Sandbox editors via your Studio Workspace or via the Studio Academy.

Workspace:

1. Visit the Discover tab in your Studio Workspace
  2. Choose the Sandbox you want to start with under the “Experience the editor with Sandboxes” section

Studio Academy:

1. Head on over to the Studio Academy
  2. Visit the Library, and filter the “Format Type” to Sandboxes
  3. Or use this link here :smirk:

I’m personally a huge fan of the “Create a sticky scrolling effect” Sandbox (The one with the green background). Which one have you found most useful?

In Other News

Graphic showing the ability for customers to save their card details at checkout

Enable customers to save their card details at checkout

Site owners who accept payments can allow their customers to choose to save their credit card details at checkout. The credit card details are retained and linked to the customer profile so that site owners can use them for future payments.

New APIs for the Product Page

We recently published a new set of APIs for the Product Page in Wix Studio.

But why is that so important?

Well, these APIs give you the option to extend the logic of the Product Page, and in some cases allow you to write your own logic. Like those times you want to add “Request a quote” instead of “Buy now”, or a “Contact us to purchase” based on the quantity being purchased, or perhaps add a free product to a cart when a specific product is purchased.

Yep, it’s possible now thanks to the new APIs. You can read more about them here.

Want to try it yourself? Take a look at the tutorial showing you the steps needed to add a “Request A Quote Option” - Tutorial: Request a Quote

Drop a :heart: in the replies if this has opened a world of opportunities for you.

NOTE: These APIs are currently only available for Wix Studio sites.

Thinking FWD

I can’t think of many things more rewarding than having a client site that performs well and converts site visitors to customers, and with some of the busiest times of the year for e-commerce sites approaching, now is the time to ensure client sites are optimal to convert visitors.

If you’re interested in learning more about this, the latest article on the FWD blog has you covered - 9 eComm website hacks that boost conversion for your clients. And whilst you’re there, you should subscribe to the newsletter to get all the latest articles straight to your inbox (I’m subscribed - haven’t regretted it).

Once you’ve read the article, I’d love to hear in the replies :point_down: the conversion method you’re going to use on your next client site.

Community Events

Toronto - Community Event

Toronto - you’re up next! Your first Community Event is fast approaching - Saturday, November 18, 2023 - and is hosted by the incredible Thomas :raised_hands: Join for a Fireside Chat to overcome obstacles together and achieve business growth.

Available spots are filling up quickly so make sure you RSVP soon to secure yours, you don’t want to miss it. And you shouldn’t take my word for it, here’s just one of the comments from someone who attended one of the other events we’ve had - “It was such a great experience meeting other professionals like myself and making new friends!. If you’ve got a Studio group near you, you 110% need to join it and attend!”.

Go secure your space on Meetup.com - Toronto, it’s your time to shine! :sparkles:

And there we have it for this roundup. The new Product Page APIs seem really exciting, and I’m sure some devs in the community are going to create some really interesting projects with them.

I’m a big fan of the Sandboxes and am going to explore more of the options available in Studio with them. What have you found most useful in this week’s Roundup?

6 Likes

Never would have thought about the influence of recent customer activity, and the countdown timer is a very good idea. Going to brainstorm creative ways to incorporate these two considerations in a client-specific way.

I’m a big fan of the Sandboxes and am going to explore more of the options available in Studio with them. What have you found most useful in this week’s Roundup?

Currently, I’m experimenting with web design techniques and have been modifying templates to do that. Sandboxes sounds like the resource I was needing! Thank you.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Wix Business Tools

Thanks Noah for sending this out! Huge fan of the sandboxes, extremely helpful and really helps you learn new techniques!

1 Like

Can you give us a release date for the new WIX pricing plan, especially for the CMS?

As you know, many developers are now reluctant to use WIX studio for their projects or for their clients because the new CMS limits prevent us from working on WIX. My project is already waiting and I know that something is in the works, but we’d like to have more details so that we can organize our projects!

3 Likes

Hey @Lucas_TREILLE!

I hear you and understand, I’ll follow up with the team for more details. In the meantime, I replied to one of the other topics you also shared your concerns in - New Premium Plans and CMS Limits (Data Platform is Dead) - #34 by Lucas_TREILLE

Glad to hear Sandboxes are helping out :raised_hands:

No problem :blush: I’ve found them helpful too!

1 Like