Comprehensive booking system for short-term rentals

Question:
Does Wix itself or a third-party provider currently (December 2023) offer a comprehensive booking portal that makes it possible to manage Short-Term Rental?

Specifically, I am looking for a system that includes the following functions.

• Calendar to select the available booking dates
  • Display of prices
  • Payment function via Paypal and/or other payment providers
    Basically I am looking for a booking system like AirBnB offers.

The pricing should be reasonable for a company that currently has two short-term rentals.

Product:

• Wix Editor
  • Editor X

What are you trying to achieve:
I am trying to take over the marketing of a client’s holiday homes. The solution approach should therefore be kept simple. The aim is to initiate the project so that it does not get stuck on a missing technical solution.

What have you already tried:
I had contact with a provider called ‘Hostaway’. Hostaway’s product seems to me to be a very sophisticated and well-functioning infrastructure for real estate management.

However, the price ranges are too high for a small company with two short term rental apartments.

I am grateful for any help, workarounds or further input that will help us in our project.

1 Like

Hi Michael,
Have you tried to set it up with Wix Hotels.
Otherwise, you can set it up with Velo coding leveraging Wix bookings.
There are some great examples within the partners community.
Also, I’m sure you can use 3rd party application which the community can recommend.
(You can find some recommendation on the Wix Partner community on Facebook)
Asaf, from the Wix bookings team.

Na i didnt try to play with the wix hotel system. I would like to know some references. It would be cool of there is a system where i can create different offers to different properties and services.

We would like to sel different short term rentals like container housing, natural camping slots, a guesthouse with a nice view, maybe also a horse riding tour in the evening.

So basicly a plattform to managae different products and services with different pricings with the checkboy option to connect the pricing to a calendar.

I tried to test the Beta Version of the Wix Hotels Booking System. It is not easy to test the solution continuously, as you quickly come up against a paywall. Does anyone know if there is an official thread regarding the development status?

Looked into this extensively. Eventually came across Booking Automation. Pretty good, and it now has API’s (using endpoints) for some tuning. Price for 2 props is now around US 23 per month.
I am not affiliated with them, I just run 2 props myself.

Thanks for getting back in this. Appreciate this very much. Can you share a link to your website or to the product? The pricing seems to be ok, if the engine has everything which is needed to run the process.

Google is your friend, but I feel compassionate today: https://www.bookingautomation.com/

P.S. If you wonder how to integrate with a wix website and velo: iframe (html-component), both for Desktop and mobile)

My needs were so specific, that I eventually coded the whole thing in Velo (took me a year and a half). Live in Argentina, and nobody offered a solution for high inflation without having to manually adjust pricing every day.
But problem stays the same. If you run an outside app (like bookingautomation or mine) you usually have 2 options: 1) you redirect the reservation page to another URL (which usually lets you mimic the layout and colors of your own site, but … the URL in the address bar changes) or 2) run it inside the html-component. I did last, so URL in address bar does not change and you have more possibilities to run stats). E.g. I run a log so I can see which dates people ae looking for, for how many people, if there was availability or not, etc. If I see a lot of inquiries for a certain date, I jack up my prices a bit.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your insights!