Do I have to change plans if moving from Wix to Wix Studio?

My understanding is Wix Studio costs a bit more than ‘basic’ Wix Editor (not to be confused with Editor X).

Once it’s available, would I need to change plans to access Wix Studio? Or will my existing basic Wix plan suffice?

Hey @Reframed!

First off, a warm welcome to the Wix Studio community! I see that this is your first post - we’re looking forward to seeing more from you.

In response to your query, unfortunately, there isn’t currently a migration tool available that would enable you to transfer your site from the classic editor to Wix Studio, nor to Editor X.

At present, you would need to create a new site in Wix Studio and pick a fresh premium plan.

As of now, there aren’t any specifics that I know of on how Wix intends to manage transitions between plans (or maintaining existing ones) once migrations between different editors become feasible. Hopefully, a Wix representative will be able to provide further information.

Hey thanks for the welcome. I’m not new to Wix, but yes I’m new to the Wix Studio community.

As there wasn’t a migration tool to Editor X, I’m not surprised there isn’t one for Wix Studio given how similar the two are. And while it means more work for me, my sites on the classic editor had to be reworked anyways to be fully responsive.

Hoping any existing plans will be credited towards a new premium Wix Studio plan.
Can someone from Wix confirm?

There going to add a migration tool in the future at some point