Feature Request: Product Subscription Renewals + Pauses

I have a subscription box product that has 3 duration options: 3, 6, and 12 months.

I would like to request THREE features:

1. I would like for customers to be able to RENEW their subscription to products in my store. As it stands, there is no way to do this and customers have to manually purchase the product again :frowning:

2. I would also like to request an auto-renew feature for any duration of subscription.

3. I would love for customers to have a way to PAUSE their subscription for a particular length of time. For example - I have a customer who is moving but doesn’t quite know where yet so just needs to postpone her subscription until she gets settled in somewhere. Currently, there is no way for her to do this.

#featurerequest #subscriptionproduct #subscription

2 Likes

Hi Anna, I’m going to forward this feedback to the team and see if any of these are currently in the development stages. Should I hear back, I will keep you posted.

Awesome! Thank you so much, Steven!

@stevenjose - any word?

Hi @annamskates , no updates as of yet. I’ll touch base with the product team.

1 Like

Yes! I need this too (pause and renew)

I’ve shared this with the team! Should I hear any new information, I’ll make sure to update the post.

I am also in the need of the auto-renew feature. I think it is weird that you have a auto-renew feature for us as customers to your services in which I can go in an cancel auto-renewal but you do not have it for us customers to our customers through your service. Does not make sense to me to be honest.

The pause feature would also be of great value since many of us have e.g. coaching business in which customers are going on holidays, do not do a specific training activity on e.g. winter and want to pause the subscription.

Would really need these features if they are not already deployed and I have missed them?

@_Spennare Hey! I don’t believe as of now that the capability for your site customers to cancel their own auto-renew for store subsciptions is there yet. I will double check on that! In the meantime, if you’re a Studio user, we encourage you to head over to the Product Roadmap and submit it as a Feature Request through the ‘Request a Feature’ button.

For the pause feature, there is the option to temporarily suspend a subscription! The customer cannot pause it themselves, but you are able to do it on their behalf.
More information on that here: Temporarily suspending a product subscription

The examples you mentioned seem to refer more to bookings and pricing plan subscriptions. For those, there is the option to temporarily suspend a pricing plan.
See here: Pricing Plans: Temporarily Suspending a Plan

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I will go ahead and submit a feature request.

Would be great if you could get back after you have checked with the dev team regarding this feature.