Is there a code to instruct Wix Multilingual to display the website in a specific language?

Hi,

I have Wix Multilingual installed. The default language in which the site is displayed can only be the main language, and the user has to choose one of the additional languages in order to display the site in that language. There’s no option to have one of the additional languages display by default. The only option similar to this is to have the user’s browser’s language displayed by default, but that option isn’t good for me.

I want to be able to display the site in one of the additional languages by default (without the user having to choose it, and regardless of their browser’s language). I’m pretty sure this can be achieved with code. However I couldn’t find a tutorial on how to do this. I don’t know enough JS to come up with this myself.

Product:
Wix Editor

Thanks a lot,
Satyo

Additionally, our website NinjutsuKyoto.com has been waiting for more than 4 months for Wix to create and make available to all premium plans a module that allows translating product slugs for multilingual SEO to meet Google’s requirements and be visible internationally. Ignoring the absence of this feature, we made the mistake of choosing Wix for the creation of our NinjutsuKyoto site instead of Shopify. We are disappointed to have subscribed to a premium plan!

You shouldn’t have waited two weeks for a one-line answer, here’s the code:

wixWindow.multilingual.currentLanguage = 'en' // Or the language of your choice

Documentation

1 Like