Roundup - Import and export Loyalty points & line height and character spacing in Studio themes

They say January is the longest month of the year - but this week’s updates will help you get through it! :raised_hands:

We have new layout customization options for product pages, line height and character spacing in Studio themes, the new SEO resource center, and more.

Let’s take a look :point_down:

Meet your community

Shoutout to @user1216 for completing their first Studio site :tada: It looks fab!

Go take a look and share the some love :purple_heart: - My first full website for my startup in wix studio

Join the conversation

• Do you know your way around external database connections? Perhaps you could give @zerpeitor some help here.
  • Have your say - do you prefer datasets or writing Velo? When creating filters for visitors, what features are you currently missing? Join the conversation here.

Wix Studio News

Line Height and Character Spacing in Themes

You asked for it - line height and character spacing in Wix Studio themes :partying_face:

CMS and Velo—higher quotas and some limits removed

We heard your feedback on CMS quotas and Velo limits and announced some changes during the Open Studio event last week.

Read the details of what changed here.

10X Conference

We’re proud to be sponsoring the 10X Conference, an online event packed with workshops and talks from industry pros.

If you’re available on January 25th & 26th, 2024 - don’t miss Studio advocate @olenasu’s talk on navigating the intricate dynamics of client relationships.

Get your ticket here.

The SEO resource center is now LIVE!

Ramp up productivity and develop smoother SEO processes with downloadable templates, toolkits and checklists that you can adapt for your clients’ needs. All resources have been created by experts for SEOs, digital marketers and web designers.

News & Announcements

Wix Loyalty Program: Importing and Exporting Loyalty Points for Your Customers
You can now import and export points - perfect to move importing existing customers from any 3rd party loyalty provider.

New Layout Customization in Product Page on Blocks
Product pages built using Wix Blocks (all users in Studio and a few beta users in the Wix editor) now have new layouting capabilities :muscle:

Now, set the exact ratio of your columns and spacing.

New Layout Customization in Product Page on Blocks GIF

Wix Editor:

Site colors generator from logo and prompt
Struggling to find the right colors to use for a site? Give the site colors generator a logo, and get a color palette in return. :raised_hands:

Create Section with AI
Add sections generated by AI to get your client sites up and running more efficiently. The generator takes the site information into account, then organizes and displays content in a section. You can then change the design and content as needed.

View all the latest new releases, betas and updates in the Wix Studio Workspace.

The SEO resource center seems pretty neat, and I can’t wait to try the create a section with AI ability!

Which update will you be trying first?

3 Likes

Any updates on migrating/copying/duplicating content from Editor X sites to Studio?? I’d love to actually be able to use these features :pray:

6 Likes

You bet! Last week as part of our Open Studio event, we shared that the process to update sites from EditorX to Studio was beginning to gradually be rolled out this month :raised_hands:

Check out the recap - https://www.wix.com/studio/event/open-studio/january-2024

1 Like

Yes, it’s really cool. But will there be the same thing in Wix??

Interesting updates, but they still don’t meet the demands of dozens of developers on the platform for PLUS and PREMIUM plans, although WIX has increased the limitation on free plans (which wasn’t one of our concerns).

Developers expect WIX to take care of them. I don’t want to have to rip off my customers by charging them $178 for only 100,000 collection items or $38 for a maximum of 10,000 items. In short, the CMS update doesn’t live up to developers’ expectations… We hope that WIX will increase the quotas for the good of all, as developers continue to complain…

2 Likes

Can we please make this feature useful by allowing custom font scaling?

Is there any update on being able to import external reviews into Wix Reviews? The feature request states it was due in Q4 2023.

Also, really, really wish the option for full screen image displaying for product pages would get implemented. This is huge for artists! Product images are frustratingly small as-is (on standard Wix, at least).

I fully agree with Lucas, those changes are good but below the minimal requested

1 Like

Hey @varun-d! I just saw today that this is currently being looked into and tested, so I wanted to give you that update. (The image you added must have stuck in my mind haha!)

:star: Hey @varun-d…Good news!

3 Likes