Wix Studio - New Subscribe OR ALL FORM DESIGN/EDITING CHAOS :(

Ok. Here I go again…the grumpy cat of Wix feedbacks :face_with_monocle:
Was just adding a Subscribe form to one of my client’s website in Wix Studio. Just wanted to have a horizontal, single field w/ email and submit button design - which is oddly unavailable in the presets. :thinking: Well in the past we could easily change the style settings of the input fields manually right there and then. I spent quite a bit of time only to figure out that this can be done through Edit Form, by being taken to the dashboard pop up. Then I spent sometime looking for width and other layout setting/functions but after looking around some more I was able to see that you just need to click on the fields and adjust location and width manually. Very not intuitive! Even worse, how does one know the width of the input field or the button?? I am working with guidelines in the editor for precision but I am taken to the pop up where I have no ability to see the width and height etc. info.??? :fearful:
The strangest thing when I think about it is that in order to manage all aspects of a form you need to use the 1. Settings 2. Inspector panel and now the Dashboard editing panel. LOL 3 different places to manage one element :scream:
Can we please make the UI/UX of Wix editors (in general) to where elements are easily managed in one place, all intuitively and with few clicks? How about the SETTINGS button on the form opening all these on the side of the editor? See attached with the happy designer mock up. :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

@SCW This is noted! I must say, I enjoyed your stick figure drawing haha Your image examples are always very helpful. I appreciate it! You do make a good point about having three different places just to manage one element. :thinking:

1 Like

Adding to this topic as I just realized the button designs don’t have the layout option like the standard website buttons do. This disables me from making the button design to just text that is left aligned and flush to the left of the form. See my screenshot that shows how the button text can not be all the way left aligned with the input field.

If I go to edit form to change the size of the button (which is also ridiculous to having to leave the editor to adjust the size!!!) then I realize the confirmation text and the button are inseparable and reducing the size makes the pop up text all crammed up and ugly.

These are really glaringly obvious design flaws. Please improve. I still don’t understand why the form elements design tool has to be found in the settings versus by selecting the input field or the button like it used to be in the old editor??

I am not sure if I am missing something but the form input fields can not be sized as needed. Making buttons consistent throughout the website is not possible since the form does not allow changing the button height/width and the text/font spacing like Styled buttons offer.
@pamela

Sorry for the delayed reply! But yes, the forms are limited in certain ways. This is something I’ve definitely been making note of to keep awareness up. Let me know when you notice any other limiting behaviors, whether it’s with forms or anything else!