I built a rental booking app for Wix: by the hour, day or week, with stock counts

I kept finding Wix sites for kayak, pontoon and bike rentals that fake their inventory in Wix Bookings: one service per boat and per length (“Half Day – Boat 1”, “Full Day – Boat 2”), a separate “Additional Day” service, or a $100 deposit booked as its own service. Bookings is built around appointments, and Wix Rentals only runs on Harmony for now, so I made an app for rentals.

What it does:

  • rent by the hour, day, night or week, and an hourly rental can run past closing and over several days
  • counts stock: with 6 kayaks, a 7th booking for the same time is refused
  • set prices for longer rentals (4 hours for $120, a week for $300), or only sell fixed trips like 2, 4 or 8 hours
  • weekend and season rates
  • a shop page with a card per item, and several items go through one checkout
  • a tick box for rental terms, plus licence number or delivery address questions
  • a refundable deposit as its own line on the order (paid plan)

Payment goes through the site’s own Wix checkout, so the order shows up in Sales like any other.

2-minute walkthrough: https://youtu.be/kveq68Onwt4
App Market: Beacon Rental Bookings | Wix App Market | Wix.com

If you’ve built rental sites on Wix, I’d like to hear what your clients needed that this doesn’t do yet.