Partner Program Earnings

Question:
Hi, recently joined as a Wix partner. to get my head around the earning potential I am seeking some answers.

To begin, it states that partners do not receive ongoing revenue share for Wix premium sites unless they achieve Legend status. Is this accurate? I work as a freelancer aiming to recommend Wix as a platform to clients. If I guide them to become paying customers without insisting on Wix Studio templates, can I still receive revenue share for Wix premium sites? It appears there are more templates available for clients to select from.

Hi Gruvin,

According to this article, only Legend level partners are eligible to earn a 20% revenue share on the standard Wix Editor Premium plans that they sell. However if your client purchases a Wix Studio Premium Plan, you can earn 20% regardless of your Partner level. Legend partners earn 30% on that.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to earn revenue share on standard Wix editor plans until you reach the Legend status. However there are a number of different ways, other than website plans, on which you can earn your share. Read this article for more on that.

Wix Studio is pretty new compared to the standard Wix editor, which is why Studio has relatively few templates. However Wix has announced that they will soon be launching a template marketplace for Wix Studio, which will open up a diverse collection of templates in the near future.

Hope this answers your questions! (:

So, how do we achieve 'Legend ’ status, how do we earn more points other than passing the certifications?

Hello, I acknowledge and am grateful for your quick reply.

If I currently have a client on the “non-studio premium plan,” can I transition them to Wix Studio plans after constructing their template on the Wix Editor Premium?

Additionally, as a Shopify partner, they offer a 20% ongoing lifetime commission on the customer’s monthly subscription fee, which simplifies explaining the benefits of using their platform to clients.

You also mentioned that Wix Studio is gaining from extra templates. When can we expect these to be available?

You can earn points for each site that you upgrade to Premium. Learn more about how to earn points here:

Let me simplify this for you.

Wix has two different website editors - i.e. the Wix Editor and the Studio Editor.

The Wix editor is the legacy editor that offers basic features that can help you get your site up and runnning for a low price. If you develop a site using the Wix editor, you will have to upgrade it to premium by purchasing one of the Wix Editor Premium Plans. You do not get any revenue share for each site that you upgrade to premium (unless you’re legend level), but you do get 100 points added to your partner profile.

If you / your client needs a website with advanced functionalities such as a responsive layout, custom scroll interactions, and a site that overall looks professional and visually appealing, then it is recommended that you develop it using the new Studio editor, which has these capabilities, along with many more features that the legacy editor does not have. When you want to upgrade a site that you’ve built on Wix Studio, you can choose from one of the Wix Studio Premium Plans, which are comparatively expensive than the latter, but if you upgrade your site using one of these plans, you can earn a 20% revenue share (30% if legend level), along with 300 points for each Studio site that you upgrade to premium.

Wix has announced this just a few days ago, but they have not provided a fixed date for the same, so its hard to guess.

Thanks for your response .

So is that 20% of a monthly repayment the client makes or they have to commit for a minimum of 1 year ?

Yes Wix does not offer revenue share on monthly plans, so you will have to take the yearly, 2-year or 3-year plan to be eligible for revenue share.

1 Like