Roundup - Beta: book multi-service appointments & Open Studio Recap

Our first Open Studio event revealed tons of exciting updates, Watch Parties, the NEW Studio Inspiration page, new Rev Share opportunities, and not 1, not 2, but 3 Multilingual updates.

There’s so much to celebrate. Can this week get any better?

You bet it can - with a new Beta feature! You’ll have to read on to see what it is :crazy_face:

Join the conversation

Dive into the conversation and give a helping hand:

New Beta

Wix Bookings: book and manage multi-service appointments

It’s one you’ve been asking for - yep, you can now enable your clients to take bookings for multiple services in a single appointment.

Once a customer selects all the services they want and sets their preferences, the calendar automatically calculates availability and offers relevant time slots for the entire appointment.

Wix Studio News

Open Studio

I’m still thinking about everything revealed at the Open Studio event - and I bet you are too!

The Dev Updates - any NPM and full Velo IDE experience in Studio caught my attention, along with the Certifications.

And those questions you submitted when registering - we read, merged and answered everything. Take a look - Open Studio - January 2024: Questions and answers

If you missed it, catch up here - https://www.wix.com/studio/event/open-studio/january-2024

Watch Parties

The biggest of shoutouts to our @event-leader’s in:

The Open Studio Watch Parties you held looked INCREDIBLE! :fire: And from what I see, you all had the most amazing of times.

Here are some snaps - if you haven’t joined a local community, you should. If you don’t have a local one, you could be our next Leader :eyes:

Inspiration Page

There are already names from the community on there that I recognize :eyes:

Go share your brilliant creations - they deserve to be celebrated - https://www.wix.com/studio/inspiration

@JuliusMiko - I’d love to know how you built the black-and-white scroll effect text on the homepage

@hello18444 - How’d you build the “Change visual effect” button in the first fold of the site?

Rev Share

Rev share has been revved up!

Partners can now earn 20% revenue share from every Studio premium site, starting with your first creation. Legends get an even bigger cut. You can also earn from your clients’ sales through Wix Payments, so your profits grow alongside their success.

We didn’t stop there… we’ve extended the rev share potential to include selling mailboxes, logos, Google Ads and more—and a whole new dashboard to manage and track your income.

News & Announcements

• Wix Restaurants: Adding and Setting Up Wix Restaurants Orders (New)
    Whether you have a restaurant, run a catering service, or do meal prep, you can manage your business efficiently with the new Wix Restaurants Orders (New) app.

• Wix Media: Creating Images with the Wix AI Image Creator
    Create high-quality, personalized image content quickly and cost-effectively

• Merge & Swap - New Section Grid capabilities
    Studio Section Grids are getting new capabilities :partying_face: - merge & swap.
    We all know the old swap in Studio, but you can now rearrange cells with drag and drop! Need to merge cells? We got you!

• 3 Multilingual Updates
    Translate both your site and business content in a more intuitive, streamlined way from the updated Translation Manager. Translate automated emails, Forms, Table Reservations and additional locations with Wix Multilingual. AND export and import your clients’ site content to a CSV file :exploding_head:

• web.js is coming to the Wix Editor
    We want to give you a heads-up that our new backend programming model using web.js files is making it’s way over to the Wix Editor.
    This is not a breaking change and you can read all the details about what to expect here.

View all the latest new releases, betas and updates in the Wix Studio Workspace.

There are a lot of incredible things to take in and I’m so excited you all had the opportunity to see the amazing things we’re working on, the latest releases, and how your feedback is shaping Studio.

Which feature from this week is your game-changer?

4 Likes

So much going on with Wix Bookings except the one thing I’ve been asking for over five years. That is the ability to set up bookings for more than just incidental appointments. I need the ability to book multi-week Photo Tours. From start to finish, with detailed itineraries. Why is this so hard to produce? Very disappointed this is still not possible

2 Likes

@noahlovell Haha, thanks mate! Great article and updates. To answer your question, the text consists of 4 blocks and each has on scroll fade in effect! :magic_wand:

@djc if you haven’t already, I’d recommend starting a topic in Feedback where we can look into it and discuss it further - I can see how a feature like this might be beneficial.

And that’s awesome @JuliusMiko! Might be a cool idea for a tutorial :wink:

Thank you for sharing these updates! :slightly_smiling_face: What a great way to start the new year! :tada:

Regarding the certifcations, will they replace the previous ones?

When will EditorX sites migrate over to Wix Studio? Previous announcements said “at the beginning of January” but it’s now mid-January and there haven’t been any additional updates.

Thanks!

1 Like