Roundup: Update your Editor X sites to Wix Studio & Automatically reorganize the DOM order of sections

I’m excited to share that this week, we opened the option to update Editor X sites to Wix Studio for all Partners and Studio users.

You can now automatically reorganize the DOM order of sections so your pages read clearly to site visitors with screen readers or other assistive technologies.

And we’re celebrating those who’ve passed the Wix Studio Certification!

Go take a read :point_down:

Meet Your Community

Who passed the Wix Studio Certification this week?

I’ve seen some people sharing their celebrations - and we want to celebrate with you!

While we can’t host a party, here’s what we’re gonna do:

• Leave a reply :tada:
  • Share one thing you learned through doing the certification
  • And that’s it!

Get sharing!

Join the conversation

Mini Challenge - Answer a Topic!

The forum is made better when people find answers to their questions. That’s why we’re going to find answers for those who didn’t get any this week!

I’ve done all the hard work for you (well the forum search has :crazy_face: ).

Simply pick one topic from here - and go give it an answer :slight_smile:

The best part?

It’ll take less than 5 mins, and I guarantee you’ll feel good about yourself.

Wix Studio News

Update your Editor X sites to Wix Studio

Earlier this week, we opened the option to update Editor X sites to Wix Studio for all Partners and Studio users.

For all the information you need, take a look at this article.

Additionally, as part of the transition from Editor X to Studio, we’ll be closing the option to create new Editor X sites starting April 2, 2024. You can still edit and duplicate your existing Editor X sites for now.

We’re here to support you every step of the way, and have a dedicated Discord channel where you can drop your questions about the update.

Automatically reorganize the DOM order of sections

Optimize the DOM order of section elements so your pages read clearly to site visitors with screen readers or other assistive technologies.

DOM order controls which order the information on a page is read. When you design using drag and drop, the DOM order can be affected by which order you add elements to the canvas. Now, when you’re done designing a section, you can automatically reorganize the DOM order so that elements are read out logically from left to right and top to bottom.

Automatically reorganize the DOM order of sections

News & Announcements

Next week, we have a range of events for you to attend :slight_smile:

• How to rank with AI content
    Generative AI is changing the content marketing landscape. Do you know how to leverage the tech to your site’s advantage, or how to generate AI content that’s SERP-friendly?
  • Expert Drop with Wix’s in-house agency
    Go from brief to wireframe with Wix’s in-house agency and discover how its team planned a major site build for a leading global brand.
  • Screen to Screen
    Live in New York, the Wix Playground’s new quarterly series dives into the ever-expanding world of web design.

View all upcoming events on the Studio Events page

Have a great weekend! I’m off to go update my Editor X sites :sunglasses: alttext

4 Likes

For free? That is, I´ve already paid for YEARLY subscription of Editor X, if I migrate, the plan value will be the same?

1 Like

Is there an upgrade path for people using the editor before editor X.

Thank you,

N

2 Likes

Hey @Oferta_Mestre!

All Premium plans will stay active and connected to their sites. This means you can continue to benefit from all the features of your existing Editor X Premium plan, for as long as you choose to renew it.

You also have the option to switch to a Wix Studio plan, but it’s worth noting that this may mean losing some existing features.

Currently, there’s no option to update Wix sites to Wix Studio. There are a few reasons behind it, such as the difference in the infrastructure behind Wix and Wix Studio etc.

That being said, I understand how important a feature this would be, and will take the question as a “vote” for it. I would recommend submitting a feature request for it either way - Product Roadmap

1 Like

Woooo!!! Gonna try it sometime tonight on a clients site.

1 Like

@noahlovell Editor to Editor X was a already a feature many months ago and the WIX team is aware of that. I spent hours on the phone with WIx support and they continuously promised me that Editor to Edtor X / Studio would become available again in the future. I’m sure you are aware that many of your customers have been waiting for this feature to become available again amidst the total lack of attention for WIX Editor while Studio was being created. I wish it was as simple as recreating our Editor Sites in WIX Studio, but that would mean losing subscriptions, programs, and all kinds of data stored in apps that is not migrat-able. Please do not forget about your Editor users. I will submit ANOTHER ticket requesting this feature, even though you’re already aware of all this.

2 Likes

@noahlovell - do you know why the Product Page is still using Editor X’s settings post-migration? How can this be fixed? This is the #1 reason we were so eager to migrate :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @jared21233!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights :raised_hands:

The Wix to Editor X tool was removed before the launch of Studio since the team discovered a few unexpected behaviours that caused issues with sites that were updated using that tool.

Over the coming months, Editor X will be fully updated to Wix Studio, so the tool to update to from Wix to Editor X won’t be made available. That being said, I do know and understand how important this feature was, and how a comparable one for Wix to Studio would be greatly beneficial.

It’s worth noting we have teams for different products and continue to invest in the Wix Editor :muscle:

Either way, I appreciate the feedback and will continue sharing it with the relevant teams - if you have any other questions, let me know :slight_smile:

Good question @Stick_Dine :slight_smile:

This is expected behavior - when updating sites from X to Studio, we didn’t want to add any “surprises” like updated versions of apps - making the process as seamless as possible. (The site you had in the Editor X editor should be the same as what you’d now have in the Studio editor).

That being said, I believe the team is working on the option to update the product page to the new version :raised_hands: (Alternatively, you could uninstall the app and do a fresh reinstall, but you’d lose the design and additional Stores widgets you’ve added to the site. They’d need re setting up. I know there are some people in the Studio Discord have some experience with this. Might be worth chatting with them if you want to explore this option :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Does this mean you will have more devs freed up to work on fixing Wix Studio now?

I’m hearing that this isn’t exactly true as this option isn’t showing up on my premium website created with Editor X. I’m very disappointed that I can now use Wix Studio but I cannot migrate my site to this platform.

Hey @user169!

I’ll send you a DM to get some more details about the site :slight_smile: