When will EditorX sites start to transfer to Wix Studio?

Question:
Previously, the Wix team has mentioned that sites created with EditorX will begin transferring to Wix Studio in “December” (here’s the latest mention of it from a weekly roundup in September):

But, I haven’t seen or heard anything about the transfer ability since then. Does anyone have any info on when we’ll be able to transfer our EditorX sites to Wix Studio?

Product:
EditorX to Wix Studio

What are you trying to achieve:
I paused the official launch of my site MONTHS ago because I didn’t want to launch the EditorX version only to have it transition over to Wix Studio after I’ve started gaining traction. I’m hoping the transition goes smoothly and there aren’t any resulting bugs… but when does that ever happen?

I desperately need to transfer my EditorX site to Wix Studio ASAP.

What have you already tried:
I’ve tried waiting patiently for months without losing my mind… not sure how well that’s going now.

2 Likes

In case anyone stumbles across this post because they’re interested in a timing update, here’s the latest timing announcement posted on the Wix Studio Discord. It sounds like starting at the beginning of January, FREE EditorX sites will be eligible to transition to Wix Studio BEFORE PREMIUM sites will be eligible to transfer (which is silly). Anyway, here’s the announcement from Discord:

————————————

Hey @everyone,

We wanted to give you a heads-up that soon you’ll be able to update Editor X sites to Wix Studio. To make sure the transition is as smooth as possible, we’re rolling out this update in phases.

Here’s what you need to know:

• Starting at the beginning of January, accounts with free sites only will be eligible to update to Wix Studio. As the rollout continues, you’ll be able to update Premium sites as well.

• If you’re the owner or co-owner of an eligible site, you’ll be notified via email when it’s time to update a site and we’ll send you all the information and resources you need. A pop up in the site’s editor will also prompt you to make the update. It’ll just take a few clicks and there’ll be no changes to the site’s design.

• From January 8, 2024, you will only be able to upgrade Editor X sites with Wix Studio plans. This change will not affect any current Editor X plans.

• For now, updating is optional and you can still build on Editor X, but we encourage you to start new projects on Studio, as all Editor X sites will soon transition.

You can read more about the update process in this article - Updating an Editor X Site to the Studio Editor | Help Center | Wix.com

To make sure you have all the support you need, we’ve opened a dedicated channel for you to get all your questions answered, so feel free to reach out there if you have any :point_right: <#1181902477986119781>

@JessCK I’m having the same issue, waiting to launch my site and upgrading to premium as of the priority announcement… Did you get the upgrade invite email already? Have you read any news on this on Discord? Thanks!

1 Like

The wix team shared an update on Discord:

1 Like

Why there is none OFFICIAL-SITE for such ANNOUNCEMENTS?

Isn’t —> DISCORD ← somekind of a PRIVATE-PARTY behind closed doors?
And even if those doors are open (public) it is still not an official area for ANOUNCEMENTS.

Why not integrating an OFFIAL-ANNOUNCEMENT-INFO-BOX or something similar directly on the Wix-Editors?

This idea already has been mentioned years ago.

1 Like

Yup.

And, I still haven’t heard of ANYONE who has received the option to migrate over from Editor X to Wix Studio yet. The transition may have begun, but HAS IT if it doesn’t sound like anyone has been able to do so yet?

The community is a small percentage of the total number of users that used EditorX. And those that are regularly active in the community is a smaller number again. I understand what you mean, but it’s happening, and you’ll see it within the coming weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now i am feeling like beeing closed inside a small room :rofl:

2 Likes

The problem is editorX is really behind regarding functionalities but way worse is the performance lately. switching to preview mode takes a decade compared to Studio. And also a major problem ist that some like me are activel working on editor x pages and we dnt know hw well it will integrate to studi so maybe a lot of work wont work on studio anymore. On my site that would be 50 subpages that would have to be rechecked and probably fixed.

1 Like

:star: In case you were not aware yet, all Partners and Studio users can now update Editor X sites to Wix Studio!
:mega: Additional information here

1 Like

Great, thanks for the update!!!