Studio Hours - Editor X to Wix Studio - Recap: Questions and answers

Hey everyone!

On 2024-03-21T14:00:00Z we held a Studio Hours session to answer all your Editor X to Wix Studio update questions.

Before we recap the session, you can get all the info you need about the update here - Updating an Editor X Site to the Studio Editor | Help Center | Wix.com

If you couldn’t make it, here’s the rundown. :point_down:

@maye kicked things off with a demo of the update, showing how an advanced site (the Editor X showcase page), using Velo, datasets, and more is seamlessly updated to Wix Studio.

We then dove into some pre-submitted questions:

• What will happen to my premium plan / domain?
    All Premium plans will stay active and connected to their sites. This means you continue to benefit from all the features of your existing Editor X pricing plan, for as long as you choose to renew it.
    You also have the option to switch to a Wix Studio plan, but note that this may mean losing some existing features.
  • What will happen to site history?
    Your site history will remain available, allowing you to move back to an older version of your site. If the version you want to move back to was created in Editor X, it will now open within Wix Studio.
  • Are there any new features for eCommerce websites?
    Wix Studio has a new product page built using Wix Blocks giving you more advanced control over the look and feel of the page.
    To make the update seamless, Editor X sites using the old product page will still have it in Wix Studio. We’re working on an option to update to the new product page :muscle:

The best part about Studio Hours is the open Q&A, where you get to put your questions to our product experts.

Although a smaller group for this session, with fewer questions, we did have a couple.

Here’s what was asked :point_down:

Why did the update take longer to become available?
It was important for us to ensure that the update was seamless, and in a place where both we and you feel confident to update your Editor X sites.
We feel confident, and I’m sure you’ve also seen the confidence other community members have after updating their sites.

Can I update a Wix site to Wix Studio?
While not currently possible, you can manually rebuild a site within Wix Studio.

If you’re exploring this option, take into consideration, that not all data can be exported and imported into a new site, such as Order history, analytics, and other information.

We asked the audience if anyone wanted to update a site live, and while we didn’t have any volunteers, I had a few complex sites in my old Partner account (my agency account before joining Wix), that we updated.

They all transitioned smoothly and are now live on Studio :tada:

And that’s a wrap!

We’re here to support you every step of the way, and have a dedicated Discord channel where you can drop your questions about the update :point_right: Discord

Hi @noahlovell , as is not possible not to update the site to Wix Studio, if I rebuild it from scratch manually, is there anywhere a guide of how to do the migration, and how to do the SEO transfer? Thanks