Questions About the Upcoming Migration from EditorX to Wix Studio

Hello everyone,

My team and I are eagerly awaiting the migration of our EditorX pages to the new Wix Studio environment, announced back in January. We’re really looking forward to exploring the new features and possibilities that the updated editor will bring. However, we’ve noticed there’s been little to no information from support, and some of our projects are on hold as we rely on these updates.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or knows more about how the migration process is being handled? Could it be possible that the rollout is happening earlier in some countries than others, or are there certain priorities determining who gets access first? Any insights or experiences you could share would be incredibly helpful to us.

Thank you in advance for your support and for sharing your thoughts!

Daniel

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Would really like some information on timelines. I’ve been playing with Wix Studio in the background but hesitant to make changes to our current site on EditorX.

2 Likes

Hi!
@Stick_Dine and I have been asking the same thing. Here’s the information from December 2023 that the Wix team put out, and then an update they announced on Discord regarding the order of migration that was supposed to start in “early January”:

It’s now mid-February and I haven’t heard of ANYONE who has been able to migrate their EditorX sites over to Wix Studio, even if they only have an account with Free sites.

Has anyone been able to migrate their Editor X sites over to Wix Studio?

1 Like

This is what the Wix team posted on Discord:

The Editor X to Studio update has begun! :raised_hands: Like @JessCK mentioned, we did post an announcement in Discord earlier. Here is the link to the Discord post in case you need it: Discord: Editor X to Studio

1 Like

So, has anyone been able to migrate their EditorX sites to Wix Studio yet? I still haven’t heard of anyone who has received the option to do so.

We have just began to update a few select Editor X sites to Studio. Mainly sites that are to too complex or heavy on functionality and Velo. So far, I can say the update process is quick and smooth. One click process and takes about 30 seconds. No issues, hoping it stays that way.

2 Likes

Maybe you want also to mention where to find the UPDATE-OPTION ?

1 Like

Popup every time you open the site, plus a header bar always visible.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

@dahahn @Johan_Heinrichs @JessCK @stevemondaymedia @russian-dima
:star: Exciting news…the wait is over! All Partners and Studio users can now update Editor X sites to Wix Studio! You can find more information about this here

2 Likes

awesome, thanks for the update!!