Can we migrate site created on EditorX to Wix Studio?

I recently moved to Wix Studio. My sites created on EditorX are moved to my workspace but they are still running on EditorX platform.

Is it possible to move site from EditorX to Wix Studio?

5 Likes

I think this will happen automatically over the next few weeks.

2 Likes

In the coming months you will have the ability to migrate your Editor X sites to Wix Studio.

2 Likes

I had honestly the same question after I got the email about that I can use Wix Studio. Can I migrate my websites that are made on Wix Editor X? I have to admit, that even though I am happy about all the new possibilities that Wix Studio brings, I wonā€™t waste any time with it until I can migrate all the Editor X made websites.

Furthermore, I find it counterintuitive, that Wix didnā€™t think about it. Or keeps it for the next ā€œfew weeks/monthsā€.

Iā€™m definitely not going to wait with a website I am working on until then ^^. I do hope that it wonā€™t take weeks or even months for them to offer us this possibility. Editor X was a bit quicker there.

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m also hoping they donā€™t take too much time in migration. I even tried the responsive design feature in Wix Studio, but it has lots of bugs right now.

1 Like

In addition, I hope the migration does not take too long. It has lots of bugs right now, so I even tried the responsive design feature in Wix Studio.

1 Like

Is this still being rolled out? I think it was gradually being released through January? Will we be notified once itā€™s our turn?

1 Like

Great question! Iā€™ve been asking both on Discord and here on the weekly announcements and havenā€™t heard anything back since December.

Last I heard is that they were supposed to start in ā€œearly Januaryā€ with accounts that only had free sites (no premium/paid sites), so if you have ANY premium sites associated with your account, youā€™ll have to wait for it to be done on a rolling bases after that.

Below is what the Wix team posted on Discord in mid-December 2023, BUT, I havenā€™t heard of anyone who HAS received an update option. Do you know of anyone who has been able to migrate ANY of their sites from EditorX to Wix Studio, even if itā€™s just the free sites?

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

Hey @everyone,

We wanted to give you a heads-up that soon youā€™ll be able to update Editor X sites to Wix Studio. To make sure the transition is as smooth as possible, weā€™re rolling out this update in phases.

Hereā€™s what you need to know:

• Starting at the beginning of January, accounts with free sites only will be eligible to update to Wix Studio. As the rollout continues, youā€™ll be able to update Premium sites as well.
  • If youā€™re the owner or co-owner of an eligible site, youā€™ll be notified via email when itā€™s time to update a site and weā€™ll send you all the information and resources you need. A pop up in the siteā€™s editor will also prompt you to make the update. Itā€™ll just take a few clicks and thereā€™ll be no changes to the siteā€™s design.
  • From January 8, 2024, you will only be able to upgrade Editor X sites with Wix Studio plans. This change will not affect any current Editor X plans.
  • For now, updating is optional and you can still build on Editor X, but we encourage you to start new projects on Studio, as all Editor X sites will soon transition.

You can read more about the update process in this article - Updating an Editor X Site to the Studio Editor | Help Center | Wix.com

I spoke to a Wix customer service rep yesterday via phone. They said the rollouts are still happening and it may be 2 weeks to a month longer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional info! :slight_smile:

Has anone has one of their sites migrated aready?
Really need this migration asap

2 Likes

No, and it seems like there are multiple threads asking the same thing (see below). @noahlovell , how should we best pull together all of our questions about the migration from Editor X to Wix Studio, given that there are now multiple threads asking about it?

@pamela , any updates on Migrating from Editor X to Wix Studio?

@JessCK thanks for bundling the questions and helping to find the answers.
Are there any updates? I am quite in the blind on the timings of migration.

1 Like

Hi everyone! This was just posted by @noahlovell on Discord:

So it looks like the migration has started, but itā€™s going to be a gradual rollout without a specific timeline.

Can someone (anyone) confirm whether theyve successfully migrated one of their sites? I have 8 different sites through Wix and the popup banner hasnā€™t appeared for any of them. 3 are time-sensitive so would love to be able to communicate a timeline to my stakeholders!
@pamela?

3 Likes

I agree! I havenā€™t heard of ANYONE who has been able to migrate their EditorX sites to Wix Studio yet. I understand that they say ā€œitā€™s happeningā€ and that we will receive our notifications ā€œin the coming weeksā€, but it seems a bit nebulous without hearing from someone who has actually been able to do it. Itā€™s taking a lot of faith at this point to believe itā€™s actually happening.

2 Likes

@JessCK @Morgan_Vickery Agree. I have been asking about some sort of planning / dates since August. I also expressed multiple times why planning is important, and why ambiguity is stress inducing, but that worry is being ignored some form of ā€˜its coming soonā€™.

My biggest frustration is the lack of understanding for many people like @JessCK and me. A total disrespect for (professional) users on Wix.

I am at a loss at this point, because my current project has come to a critical point and I dont know what to expect from Wix.

1 Like

Anyone any experience?
I am doint ton of work on editorx and i really need to know how well the integration works

1 Like