To be honest and clear I didn’t use Wix IDE a lot I just used for quicky testing etc. I was using it for a site I had but right now I don’t use it at all.
I use VSCode instead which is by far better, Wix IDE already a fork of VSCode. I suggest you downloading and using a local IDE instead of Wix IDE.
This will probably keep happening and I don’t think Wix will fix it soon because it’s not a very important thing to fix since it won’t bring any direct value to business/Wix.
Instead of waiting for a fix, using VSCode will improve your UX a lot. No lags no issues it already has everything you need except Wix AI thing (but you can install Wix MCP and use Copilot which will give you probably same or better results depending on the model and prompts).
Keep in mind that you will need to setup Git and GitHub integration to work with local IDEs since they won’t be directly connected to Wix site and instead you will need to use Wix CLI for certain things.
I will leave related links here:
- VSCode Download
- Cursor Download - VSCode Fork (more AI stuff here but requires paid plan after limits)
- How to Setup Wix MCP Server for VSCode or Cursor
- Wix GitHub+Git Integration (required for local IDEs)
- Download Git (also required if you want local IDE)
Or you can just keep using Wix IDE as it is ![]()