Beta Unlocked: New Restaurant Menus App

Hey everyone,

We’re excited to announce that the new and improved Restaurant Menus app is now available for beta Partners!

Use it to create and showcase customizable and multilingual menus with improved performance for your culinary clients with fresh industry-standard designs.

Check out the beta Partners dashboard to add the new app to your clients’ sites.

As always, test it out and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Lina Hanin / Geva Price and the team are looking forward to your feedback.

Note : The app is currently only supported in English and in Wix’s classic editor.

3 Likes

How to transfer all the dishes from the older menu? it seems I have to re-enter all the dishes and categories from the old menu @geva-price

@geva-price @linah

Hey Rajeev Sao,
Thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the delay in our response.
Importing menus from the previous app is currently not possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. However, we are actively working on developing an import tool to address this issue in the future.

In the meantime, we would like to assist you with the process of manually re-entering the entire menu. To streamline this process for you, we kindly request that you provide us with the desired site that holds the menu you want to import. We will then check internally if we can import the menu for you into the new app.

Please send us the desired site url to gevap@wix.com or provide any additional information you think might be helpful. Our team will thoroughly review the possibility of importing the menu and get back to you as soon as possible with further instructions or alternatives.

Best Regards,
Geva

I think this is a great start to the new menus! I love that when you stretch the menu element, it actually stretches the content as well (unlike Wix Blog posts haha). It has been a while since I used the original menu app, but if the old one did not strech the same way, then this is a great addition.

However, a couple things I did notice when adding another menu:

1. We can’t add menu items to multiple menus. For example, if I offered the same appetizers for lunch and dinner, I would have to manually add the appetizer to both menus. I believe the old menu app allowed us to add menu items to multple menu types.

2. The horizontal menu which allows users to select between menu types (i.e. Lunch, Dinner, etc) has the scroll effect when there is plenty of space. I just had “Lunch Menu” and “Dinner Menu” active and you had to scroll to see “Dinner Menu”. There was plenty of space for both to be fully visible, but it still decided to hide the dinner menu behind the scroll.

I know this is still in beta and I think it’s a great start, but just some feedback that I noticed while playing around with it! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Hi Wix Fit!
Thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the delay in our response.
Regarding the feedback points you raised, we want to inform you that we have recently initiated a rollout to include existing items in the menu, check it out when starting to +Add item to a section. We are thrilled to hear your thoughts on the flow and would greatly appreciate any feedback you have in order to enhance it further in our upcoming versions.
Additionally, based on our understanding of your second point, we believe we have a solution to address the issue. By clicking on the horizontal menu of the menus, you will now be able to adjust the preset of the menu and experiment with the spacing. This feature should provide the flexibility you were looking for and enable you to personalize the horizontal menu according to your preferences.

Thank you for being a part of our journey and for your continued support!
Best regards,
Geva

I can’t seem to be able to use the multilingual function on the NEW version of WIX Restaurant Menus App, even though as far as I understand this should be available on this version.

Hey @user979! :wave:

This topic is a little older. To help keep the forum organized, let’s open a new topic in Ask a question with details about what you’re trying to achieve, what you’ve done already and if there are any articles etc you’ve tried following already :muscle: