Community Weekly Roundup - Edition 11

This week marks another milestone in the journey of Wix Studio as we open access for all.

I’m also super excited to see our first community-led event happening today in Boston, USA, with plenty of other events happening in other locations in the coming weeks and months. It’s always great to connect with others in your area.

We also introduced the FWD blog for agencies who want to create wow-worthy websites.

Let’s hop to it, and see what happened in this week’s Community Weekly Roundup.

Highlights (TL;DR)

• Wix Studio is now open for all - freelancers and agencies everywhere can now use Wix Studio
  • Product Spotlight - Editor Add-ons - tools and features designed to streamline your editor workflow.
  • Introducing Wix Tips - You can now accept tips at the checkout with Wix Tips.

Wix Studio News

Wix Studio is now open to all.

Wix Studio is now open to all, meaning freelancers and agencies everywhere can use the incredible suite of tools Wix Studio has to offer.

As part of opening Wix Studio to all, we gave the Studio site a little bit of a facelift, introducing a few new pages to show off the capabilities Studio has to offer.

A personal favorite is the Wix Studio brand guidelines making it much easier to know how to honor the Studio brand - and yours.

Also, Editor X is now closed for new sign-ups. For now, if you have an Editor X account, you can continue to login, create, and edit Editor X sites.

Introducing FWD

The Wix Studio blog (FWD), for agencies who want to create wow-worthy websites, faster and more efficiently was also made available at the beginning of the week.

The articles on the blog are inspiring and thought-provoking and each week, you’ll read:

• interviews with creative leaders across marketing, web design and development
  • guides that help you run a smoother, more profitable agency
  • highlights of next-level work created on Wix Studio (and how our Studio creators made it happen)

Once you’ve taken a read over some of the articles, let us know if there are any topics you’d be interested in reading. :muscle:

In other news

Wix Tips Banner Grapic

Accept tips at checkout with the Wix Tips App

You can now accept tips at the checkout with Wix Tips.

To get set up, add the Wix Tips app along with eCommerce apps like Wix Stores and Bookings - it automatically comes with the Restaurant Orders app - so clients are ready to accept tips at the checkout. With settings to choose from a fixed tip amount, percentage, or accept custom amounts, this is a real win for clients.

What’s more, Wix Tips automatically syncs with analytics and reporting to keep track of tips given. Learn more here.

Product Spotlight

Discover new Editor Add-ons - exclusive for Wix Studio

The experience of building in Wix Studio is taken to another level when you use Editor Add-ons. These user-friendly tools and features are designed to streamline your workflow, making it easier and more efficient to create and edit sites. By incorporating these tools, you not only save time but also unlock your creative potential.

Some Editor Add-ons include:

• Design Guides
  • Colorblind Simulator
  • Task List
  • Color Selection

Read more about Editor Add-ons here.

Are you using Add-ons already? Which is your favorite? Or if you’re not using them yet, which one are you most excited to begin using?

Community Events

Today, @prototypemediagroup and other Boston creators gathered for a Wix Studio Coffee & Chit Chat at the first of our in-person Community Events. I’m sure they’ve had an incredible time making new connections.

If you’re not already part of a local group, go find your nearest one - Wix Studio Community | Meetup Pro - and if you can’t find one near you, perhaps you’re the person we’re looking for! Become an Events Leader for your area and bring your local community together by organizing events, education sessions, and get-togethers. With your passion, you’ll help push the community forward - https://www.wix.com/studio/community/leaders

And that’s us done for another week. I’m looking forward to seeing freelancers and agencies not already using Wix Studio get hands-on, and can’t wait to read more articles over on FWD. What’s been your highlight of the week?

2 Likes

Please make the “Tips” app available for Paid Plan orders, which is a primary income vehicle for non-profits. Integrating a simple “give extra” option (an alternative label option instead of “tip”) into plan purchases would be a welcome feature.
Thanks for these great news features.

2 Likes

I added Wix Tips to a Bookings site I am just about to launch! So excited to show the client.

Only problem is, I can’t see it in the Studio Editor? Or on Preview?

I followed the directions:

1. Added the App inside the editor

2. Activated it from the Wix Dashboard

But interestingly enough, inside the Wix Studio Editor Manage App it isn’t listed

…Even though it indicates it is Installed (see 1st screenshot above).

Has anyone incorporated this feature yet and tested it?

I spoke to Wix Support on the phone today and they didn’t even know the feature had been released…

Hey @ash4dzyns!

Good question.

Firstly, once it’s installed and published, it should show in the Checkout when someone goes through the booking process on the site.

In regards to finding the app, I’ll double check with the team about the “App Manager” tab, but in the meantime, if you choose “App Market”, then “Manage Apps”, it should show up for you.

Let me know if you have any questions :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your quick reply Noah! :pray: :star_struck:

So, inside the Studio Editor in the App Market it is NOT appearing under App Manager tab, but it IS appearing when I go the App Market tab and scroll down to Manage Apps. Phewf.

(It ALSO appears in the Site Dashboard under Manage Apps in the “Installed Apps” category (again, interesting, I thought it would show under the “Installed Wix Business Solutions” category :thinking:. But c’est la vie!)

So, I’m sure everything is fine!

Unfortunately… Wix does not allow us to Preview the checkout process (even inside the Editor) UNTIL you’ve connected a Business Premium Plan. I’ve never loved this, as I don’t have the client upgrade the site until they are ready to launch (would obviously prefer to pre-test the checkout flow before launching in case I need a redesign. But THIS is a topic for another chain #feature request (?)).

I’m about to upgrade so will let everyone know if I run into any problems, but looks like I am all set to go!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, @noahlovell