Community Weekly Roundup - Edition 8

This week’s Community Weekly Roundup brings us to the last week of the in-person training sessions, but I know the connections made are going to springboard us to the next chapter of this journey together.

Anyway, we don’t have to think about the end of the events for another week, so we’ll jump straight into the roundup and bring you up to speed with everything you need to know from this week.

Highlights (TL;DR)

• Award-winning community - Celebrate the achievements of others in the community.
  • Wix joins Bing and IndexNow for faster search indexing - IndexNow? Read on to find out what it’s all about.
  • Shape the future of Wix - take a look at some of your game changers, interesting feature requests and more.

From the Community

Award-winning community :muscle:

Who doesn’t love celebrating others’ success with them?

We’re super proud of the awesome things everyone does in our community, but this week, we’re giving a shoutout to Kate and Hardik for the achievements they recently shared.

Kate shared her winning site for the Web Excellence Awards.

Hardik was recently an honourable mention on Awwwards for their new site built on Wix Studio.

You’re both superstars! :sparkles: Keep up the good work.

Wix Studio News

In-person training updates

It’s been a fun run in New York and LA, you’ve been great to us. I have to say, I’ve lost track of the messages saying “I’m inspired”, and “I’m going back to my business with so many ideas”. I mean, I’m inspired just hearing about it!

This week is our last week of in-person training, and it’s going to be a blast, as we continue in London, Toronto, Paris, and for the last stretch, Berlin.

If you’ve been reading the last couple of editions of the Roundup, you’ll know exactly what I’m about to say… :wink:

These in-person events are something you’re not going to want to miss. So, if you’re in or around London, Toronto, Paris or Berlin this next week, this is the final opportunity to get involved in the training.

(Ohh, and for those of you in London, I’ll be there too :tada: )

Shape the Future

You have the opportunity to shape the future of Wix, with the ability to submit feature requests and vote on your game changers.

This week, I’m gonna highlight some of the awesome feature requests that I know you’ve been chatting about. So, here they are:

Selling Your Custom Templates

At the moment, you can create your own fully customised site, and transform them into reusable templates, reducing the need to start from scratch with every site. Currently, you can’t share or sell custom templates outside of your workspace.

I know I’ve seen this discussion a few times, so if this is something you’re wanting, go give it a vote :smile:

Connecting Global Sections in the Studio Editor to the CMS

Global sections, such as headers or footers can’t be connected to the CMS.

If this is something you want to see, you can now vote for it as a feature over in the Wix Product Roadmap. In the meantime, what are some of the use cases you can imagine for this feature? How would it impact your work and the things you do?

In other news

Wix joins Bing and IndexNow for faster search indexing

SEO junkies, this ones for you! (And well, I suppose it’s so incredible and we all benefit from it - for all Wix junkies, this ones for you!)

Earlier this week, Wix announced that it now supported IndexNow for Premium sites.

But wait, what’s IndexNow?

Well, I’m glad you asked. IndexNow is a protocol that enables website owners to notify participating search engines about changes to their web pages (e.g., new, updated, or deleted content) in near real time.

I’m no SEO expert, but I can say this is a super beneficial feature, that’s pretty cool.

Take a read about it in more detail on the Wix SEO Hub.

Upgrade a Google Workspace plan purchased through Wix graphic

Upgrade a Google Workspace plan purchased through Wix

Ever purchased a Google Workspace plan via the Wix Dashboard to find out the plan wasn’t what you were expecting, and you need a different plan?

Look no further, because now, you and your clients can upgrade to a different Google Workspace plan directly from the Wix dashboard. This gives you the option to increase storage space and access more features and tools, depending on the plan you choose.

Wix Editor Premium Plans

Just a small update for Partners in Japan. The new Wix Editor Premium Plans will be available to you on October 16, 2023.

Up Next Week

Upcoming webinars

Next week, the Roundup goes on a mini tour as I’ll be at the London Studio in-person events. If you’re going to be there, be sure to say hello.

For those of you who have been to one of the in-person events, what’s the one thing you’ve learnt that you’ve already put into practice?

3 Likes