Roundup: New SEO settings for Wix Restaurants Menus & our next Studio Hours

This week, we’re highlighting the fantastic work of our community, gearing up for our next Studio Hours on January 31st (focused on custom eCommerce sites), and taking a look at some of the new features announced.

Let’s get to it :point_down:

Meet your community

We always love seeing the sites you’re working on - that’s why this week, we’re spotlighting @info67301 and the 2 incredible sites they’ve shared.

Whenever you see a creation from @info67301, you know your eyes are in for a treat :star_struck:

Thanks for sharing your work - I bet your clients are delighted with it :slight_smile:

Studio Hours: Custom eCommerce Sites

On 2024-01-31T15:00:00Z, join us for our next Studio Hours session to chat with other creators about custom eCommerce sites.

Studio Hours is a regular gathering for community members to share insights and knowledge about various topics. It’s a great opportunity to be a part of the conversation.

Register now.

Wix Partner Agency Conference :australia:

Join @kate-from-sydney, our Sydney Community Events Leader for a half-day conference on Monday 12th, February at Harbord Diggers.

Whether you’re diving into designing websites, aiming to streamline your agency workflows, or just want to meet like-minded creators, we’d love to have you join us!

All the details can be found here.

Wix Partner Agency Conference

Join the conversation

• Is there a capability you want to see that would take your site creation experience to the next level? Let us know here.
  • Do you know how to add a hero image that also sits under the header on Studio? Share your knowledge with @Elena_Mertel here.

Wix Studio News

Search and switch between sites from the header in the Wix Studio workspace

You can now search and switch between sites from anywhere in the Wix Studio workspace.

Whether you’re viewing a client’s site dashboard, or in your workspace, simply open the All Sites dropdown and use the newly added search bar to find the site you need. When you select it, you’re redirected to the site dashboard.

News & Announcements

• New SEO settings for Wix Restaurants Menus
    Keep the out of the box best practice SEO meta tag defaults for all restaurant pages or customize SEO defaults however you like. Plus, you can now edit the menu’s URL slug to whatever you choose.

• 5 new Wix Bookings code examples
    A bit of code = a lot of customization. Check out the 5 new Wix Bookings code examples that you can use as templates and adapt them for any client project.

View all the latest new releases, betas and updates in the Wix Studio Workspace.

We’re looking forward to the next Studio Hours session! Drop any questions you have about eCommerce below and we’ll try to answer them during the session :point_down:

2 Likes

Can we ask for some attention on Wix Classic Editor in future updates?

Those of us who can’t/don’t want to switch to Wix Studio are starting to feel like second-class citizens for not rebuilding our sites in Studio. From what I’ve heard in the forums, Wix will still continue to develop new features for Wix Editor, but 100% of the attention seems focused on Wix Studio.

Can we get some updates/roadmap features, or news for things coming to Wix Editor?

4 Likes

When will you guys introduce booking on the register? That’s the main update I’m waiting on! Your customer that have a salon and a boutique are struggling with this!

Hey @thinksinc! :wave:

Definitely not intended to feel that way - but I hear you - the Wix editor isn’t going anywhere, and if it’s the right fit for you and your clients sites, we got you and support you :muscle: After all, you know what works for your clients best.

Although some of the activities may mention Studio (Studio Hours, the Community event etc.) - we’re often referring to pros/agencies/freelancers using the platform, regardless of the editor they use. In fact, all the things shared this week are editor-independent, so you can enjoy the features and get involved regardless :raised_hands:

If you missed it, here are 2 updates that we announced in last week’s Roundup specifically for the Wix Editor. Either way, I hear you and will keep it in mind for future Roundup’s :slight_smile:

@msreese29 We announced a few weeks back a new feature - Multi-service appointments - perfect for this industry allowing customers to book multiple services in checkout flow (instead of having to make multiple back-to-back bookings separately). When you mention ‘register’, are you referring to a specific physical device?

2 Likes

Please talk about Wix Pricing Plans and what the roadmap looks like there.

1 Like

Hey @valentin_wackermedia!

The Wix Product Roadmap is available for anyone to view - I’d recommend following it to keep up to date with the status of features. Here’s the Pricing Plans roadmap

I loved the deforestation website; let’s promote one that sells forest fires, a better one of deforestation with chains with some Koalas trapped in the trees, and another one of virgin plastic production. Guys, choose your sites better

I have several clients that will love this. Especially those that are doing esthetician services, hair, nails, etc. This is a win!

Thanks Noah. Looking forward to seeing more new Editor-specific features highlighted in future Studio Hours.

Cheers,
Robert

@noahlovell Any update on when editor X sites will start to transition to Wix Studio? Earlier announcements first said December, then the Wix team said early January, and now it’s almost February.

I saw there was a previous request for the option of removing the shopping bag from specific pages on a Wix site. Is there any plan of adding this option? As it stands, if a company offers both services and products, it is difficult to clarify when there is a shopping cart on each page.