Scanning tickets

Question:
I have a question regarding scanning tickets via wix events.
Last year, we scanned the tickets via various phones during the event.

Disadvantages we experienced were:
Any ticket scanner can see how many tickets have been sold
When scanning by phone at our outdoor event, we had a lot of trouble with sunlight, which often failed scanning

Question:
Do you have experiences with other events where you scan with other devices, I’m thinking of various types of barcode scanners.

Product:
Wix Events in Wix Editor X / Studio

What are you trying to achieve:
[Explain the details of what you are trying to achieve. The more details you provide, the easier it is to understand what you need.]

What have you already tried:
[Share resources, forum topics, articles, or tutorials you’ve already used to try and answer your question.]

Additional information:
[Include any other pertinent details or information that might be helpful for people to know when trying to answer your question.]

1 Like

We have also been using various phones/tablets for scanning tickets at entrance to events. We need to expand to have hand-held bar code scanners to send to one tablet. I’m not downloading the app with personal information to various people’s phones, but we need more than the number of phones that I can provide. Can I use any 2D bar code scanner? I wonder if multiple scanners could connect to one tablet that is running wix at the same time?

Hi,

I now use the new app check in by Wix which solves the problem of visibility of the total tickets sold.

In addition, I tried to use a barcode scanner through a supplier, but this was too complicated. That’s why I used phones again this year and put up a tent against sunlight at our outdoor event.

Good luck with your event