Studio Hours - moving to the new Wix Studio workspace - Recap: Questions and answers

Hey everyone!

We gave a warm welcome to all those who joined the Studio Workspace, as we said farewell to the Partner Dashboard on 2024-02-18T00:00:00Z.

For those who were new to the Studio Workspace, we held a special Studio Hours session, joined by our product experts Rotem and Hadar, to answer all their questions (not questions about the editor :wink:).

If you couldn’t make it, here’s the rundown of what happened.

We kicked things off with a demo of the workspace and features available, where to find all the tools you knew and loved from the Partner Dashboard, along with some background into what inspired the Workspace. You can learn more about the Workspace from the webinar we held at the launch of Studio.

We then dove into some pre-submitted questions:

• Can I still create on the Wix editor?
    Yes! You can choose either the Studio Editor or the Wix editor - whichever works best for your and your clients needs.
  • Has everything moved over to the Studio Workspace?
    All the features you knew from the Partner Dashboard are available in the Studio Workspace. The Workspace also has additional features, management tools and improvements to make managing sites at scale easier.
  • Does the Partner Program change in Wix Studio
    No, you still retain all the points and benefits you had previously. Additionally, there are more Rev Share opportunities in the Studio Workspace. You can read more about it here.
  • Can my client see my workspace once they’re invited to a Studio site?
    When clients are added to a Studio site, they will not see your Workspace, just the site they are added to.

We then dove into our open Q&A (which I think is the best part :raised_hands: )

Do non-Partners have access to Wix Studio?
Wix Studio is built with freelancers, agencies and enterprises in mind. If you’re a Studio user (have access to the Studio Workspace), you can benefit from all the tools Wix Studio has to offer. If you’re not a Studio user, you’ll have the “My sites” view and access to the Wix Editor.

It’s possible to transfer a Studio site to a client who doesn’t have access to the Studio Workspace. They’ll be able to manage and update the site, but won’t be able to duplicate or create new Studio sites.

Is it possible to move a Wix site to Wix Studio?
All the sites you had in the Partner Dashboard are available in the Studio Workspace. However, it’s not currently possible to move a Wix site to Wix Studio - you would need to rebuild on Wix Studio to benefit from the Studio editor. That being said, in the coming weeks, you’ll be able to transition your EditorX sites to Studio.

Can you move different assets to Wix Studio, like contacts, Stores, CMS etc?
There are a handful of Wix apps that allow you to export and import content from a site. This would potentially give you the option to transition various site content to another site. Take into consideration, that you cannot update a Wix site to Wix Studio. Not all data can be exported and imported, such as Order history, analytics and other information.

Can I develop with more than one person on a site at one time? I can’t do this on Wix.
One of the benefits of Wix Studio is concurrent editing. You can learn more about it here.

Is there an area where I can see Rev Share earnings per site?
Yes, you can track earnings per site in the Rev Share dashboard.

Should I build my agency site on Wix Studio?
You should choose the platform that best fits your needs, but I’m going to say yes! :wink:

To keep up to date with all the latest events, activities and meetups, check out the Wix Studio events page.

2 Likes