Community update: what’s next for Wix Studio

Tons of incredible things have happened since we launched Wix Studio just for Partners and agencies 2 months ago.

Over 100K of you have joined Studio and published tens of thousands of sites on the platform.

More than 2,000 of you joined us in 12 cities globally to learn Wix Studio. One of you even flew all the way from Geneva to meet us in Toronto!

Many more of you tuned in to learn with us online. Your most-asked question was how we built the Wix Studio home page (which we’re happy to show you, more on that soon).

It has been truly inspiring to hear your questions, ideas and feature requests, and learn what will make Wix Studio the ultimate platform for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share what’s next.

Starting in mid-October, we’ll open Wix Studio to agencies and freelancers everywhere. Before that we’re giving access to those who joined the waitlist.

Like we’ve mentioned before, Editor X is transitioning to Wix Studio. Once we open Studio fully, we’ll also close new sign-ups to Editor X.

If you’re still creating on Editor X, you can continue at the moment. We’ll gradually open up the option to migrate Editor X sites to Wix Studio over several weeks starting in December. Once migration is available for everyone, we’ll close the option to create new sites on Editor X. You’ll have loads of notice and all the details before that happens.
We know a lot of you also asked for a migration tool for Wix to Wix Studio, but it’s currently not in our plans for 2024. Our top priority is to continue making Wix Studio the ultimate platform for your needs—with the best performance and creation experience possible.

There’s loads more in the pipeline we can’t wait to share—a Wix Studio certification, the opportunity to create and sell templates and much more. So stay tuned.

And finally, a big thanks from all of us who are working on Wix Studio. Keep your questions, feedback, and incredible creations coming.

3 Likes

Thanks @noahlovell! The migration update is very helpful. Is your team looking for any volunteers to test the migration process from EditorX to Wix Studio BEFORE December? If so, I happily volunteer :slight_smile:

@noahlovell Very disappointing news, I have a Wix Site that I need to update, but I can’t because i’m locked in on an outdated 2016 template which I can’t even change. I wish you had the option to migrate from Wix site to Studio.

Ok, I can see that you don’t have the resources to make this on the 2024 roadmap (although wix revenue has increased over 10% last year reach over 1.5 billion dollars), so please at least pay someone to make a guide on how to manually migrate from Wix Site to Studio, what are the consequences, tips, etc… Should I build a new website on Studio then transfer domain from Wix site? i’m scared it can mess up my website that is already working well (but UX outdated), help us out here.

2 Likes