Community Weekly Roundup - Edition 12

I’m not sure about you, but I can certainly say it’s beginning to feel like Autumn (or Fall). :fallen_leaf:

Anyway, this week’s Community Weekly Roundup has arrived, and you know what that means - it’s got everything you need to know about the week just gone.

Read all the way through to the end because we’re introducing a new section - and it’s for YOU to provide the content for it!

Let’s get to it :point_down:

Highlights (TL;DR)

• Scroll Interactions Improvement - a quality of life improvement to scroll interactions on Wix Studio
  • Shape the future of Wix Studio - share your ideas to have an impact on the future Wix Roadmap
  • Community events - join community members in São Paulo for their first community event

From the Community

This week, we’re giving a shoutout to @Ian_Welsh, and their first site created for a client! Completing your first client site is a huge achievement and is the first step to a successful future.

I’m sure everyone will agree that it’s inspiring to see the project went well, has been approved by the client, and has gone live. Oh, and the site looks fab too! Good work :slight_smile:

If anyone else has a project you’re proud of and want to show off to the community, be sure to share it in the Made by the community category.

Wix Studio News

Scroll Interactions Improvement

Who’s using Scroll Interactions in their Studio sites? Say “me” in the comments :point_down:

Well, do I have a nice quality of life improvement to share with you!

Scroll Interactions now have a red playhead in the inspector that helps you to see where the element is in the viewport as you adjust the animation area.

Now there’s less guessing and it’s easier to add those sparkles that bring your creations to life :sparkles:

Gif showing the new Scroll Interactions playhead

Shape the future

Have a game-changing feature request, or simply want to see the features others are needing? The Wix Product Roadmap and the Feedback and Wishlist categories are for you.

Now you’ve spent some time with Wix Studio, what are some things you need to take your productivity to the next level?

We’re always interested in the things you’re needing - this is your opportunity to shape the future roadmap of Wix.

Resources

What should I do when I encounter an issue/bug/error?

Earlier this week, I was asked the question, ‘What should I do when I encounter an issue? If I need to report a bug, where should I do it?’

So, I thought this was a great opportunity to remind everyone of the steps they should take (before sharing the issue in the community :wink: )

If you’re faced with a recurring issue, a persistent error page, something not loading, what you think might be a bug, etc. the first thing you should do is STOP. I know the times this happens are often the most inconvenient, but before we head straight to the community, there are a few steps to follow.

After taking the normal troubleshooting steps - found here - you should check our Known Issue page or status.wix.com. If you see your issue in either of these places, give them a follow and you’ll be notified when it’s resolved.

If you don’t see the issue in either of those places, report it via Customer Care. (You’ll also be able to track the progress of your ticket through your Wix Studio Workspace).

If after that you’re not sure it is an issue, now is the time to share what you’re experiencing - let’s discuss it and figure out the best next step. :muscle:

Collab Opportunities

We’re creating a new section in the Roundup - and it’s for you to provide the content! :raised_hands: :wink:

We see lots of collab opportunities being shared across all our community spaces and we want to give you the stage to share them. Think of it like a digital billboard to promote the opportunity, except it’s completely free and is available directly to your target audience. Sounds like a good deal if you ask me.

And what’s better - it’s as simple as:

• Sharing your collab opportunity over in the Collaboration category.

Yes. It’s that easy.

What are you waiting for? If you have an upcoming opportunity go share it.

Community Events

São Paulo - Community Event

I think I can safely say our Community Events are underway, because tomorrow, @theleandroalves and our friends in ​​São Paulo are meeting for their first community event - 5 formas de ganhar dinheiro com WIX Studio ainda em 2023.

If you’re interested in joining, this one is online, which makes it all the more convenient if you’re planning to attend at short notice.

And there we have it. Another roundup to round up the week. I’m really excited about the new Scroll Interaction playhead, and also looking forward to seeing your collab opportunities next week.

What’s been the best thing about this week for you?

8 Likes

Great content! People from Brazil, let’s go! Tomorrow is our day :wink:

1 Like

Please add the user input slider into studios to connect as a filter in the CMS for example as a price range filter. Desperately need it and isn’t available while it is available in editor X and velo

Thanks in advance and love to hear a reply

Good info. Keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Struggling with Wix Studio

A post was merged into an existing topic: Struggling with Wix Studio

Can you give us a release date for the new WIX pricing plan, especially for the CMS?

As you know, many developers are now reluctant to use WIX studio for their projects or for their clients because the new CMS limits prevent us from working on WIX. My project is already waiting and I know that something is in the works, but we’d like to have more details so that we can organize our projects!